In an endeavour to achieve efficiencies in its operations, Council has formed partnerships and/ or undertakes initiatives with other councils and organisations. The Corporate Partnerships that Council has established include:
- Joint purchasing arrangements via participation in the Western Sydney Regional Organisation of Councils (WSROC)
- Pooled insurances arrangements via participation in CivicRisk West and CivicRisk Mutual.
- Joint companion animal care arrangements via the operation of the Hawkesbury Companion Animal Shelter (at Windsor) via a partnership with Penrith City Council, The Hills Council and Hornsby Shire Council.
This partnership allows the other three councils to use Council’s facility. All rescued dogs and cats from the four local government areas are cared for at the Hawkesbury Companion Animal Shelter. This partnership alleviates the need for the other councils to establish their own facilities and duplicate services; and delivers savings in the more efficient use of all council’s resources.
In 2013-14 year, the Hawkesbury Companion Animal Shelter re-homed 94% of dogs that presented to the facility.
The Hawkesbury Companion Animal Shelter services an area of about 4,044 sq km, which is the combined area of the four local government areas.
- Joint friendship development via the Sister Cities and City-Country Alliance program via a partnership with Hawkesbury Sister City Association. Hawkesbury City has:
- two international sister cities with Temple City, California USA and Kyotamba, Kyoto Japan
- two domestic sister cities (country alliances) with Cabonne Shire (main town Molong, central west NSW) and Weddin Shire (main town Grenfell, central west NSW)
The Hawkesbury Sister City Association undertakes cultural and community activities for the program, like the annual international student exchange visits. Council undertakes civic and other activities for the program, like hosting international Mayoral visits. The partnership enables the Hawkesbury community to be directly involved in the program through the Association, and allows Council to extend the value of its financial contribution to the program, through the experience and voluntary work Association members.
Page ID: 659