Planning Proposal (LEP006/15) – Various Properties at Cornwells Lane, Edwards Road, Powells Lane, Ridges Lane, and Triangle Lane, Richmond Lowlands and Old Kurrajong Road, Richmond
Hawkesbury City Council is exhibiting a planning proposal affecting the following lands:
- Lot 5 DP 1120860, 1 Cornwells Lane, Richmond Lowlands
- Lot 4 DP 1120860, 31 Cornwells Lane, Richmond Lowlands
- Lot A DP 365391, Edwards Road, Richmond Lowlands
- Lot 25 DP 663770, 1 Powells Lane, Richmond Lowlands
- Lot 1 DP 70128, 15 Powells Lane, Richmond Lowlands
- Lot 25 DP 1100252, 62 Powells Lane, Richmond Lowlands
- Lot 1 DP 659412, Ridges Lane, Richmond Lowlands
- Lot 1 DP 972649, Ridges Lane, Richmond Lowlands
- Lot 1 DP 120794, Ridges Lane, Richmond Lowlands
- Lot 2 DP 1168610, 7 Ridges Lane, Richmond Lowlands
- Lot 1 DP 1168610, 33 Ridges Lane, Richmond Lowlands
- Lot 128 DP 1151145, 53 Ridges Lane, Richmond Lowlands
- Lot 3 DP 997087, 62 Ridges Lane, Richmond Lowlands
- Lots 129 DP 1151145, 83 Ridges Lane, Richmond Lowlands
- Lot 2 DP 997087, 90 Ridges Lane, Richmond Lowlands
- Lot 1 DP 997087, 98 Ridges Lane, Richmond Lowlands
- Lot 1 DP 797310, 100 Ridges Lane, Richmond Lowlands
- Lot 27 DP 566434, 106 Ridges Lane, Richmond Lowlands
- Lot 1 DP 77207, 53 Triangle Lane, Richmond Lowlands
- Lot 1 DP 997086, 81 Triangle Lane, Richmond Lowlands
- Lot 1 DP 206104, 100 Old Kurrajong Road, Richmond
- Lot 2 DP 206104, 108 Old Kurrajong Road, Richmond
- Lot A DP 89087, 136 Old Kurrajong Road, Richmond
- Lot B DP 89087, 122 Old Kurrajong Road, Richmond
The planning proposal seeks to add a number of additional permitted uses to the site under Schedule 1 of the Hawkesbury Local Environmental Plan 2012 and to increase the maximum permitted height limit on part of the site from 10 metres to 13 metres.
The additional permitted uses include development for the following purposes:
a) advertisements, advertising structures, eco-tourist facilities, food and drink premises, function centres, kiosks, industrial retail outlets, markets, veterinary hospitals
b) recreation facilities (major) and recreation facilities (outdoor) for the purposes of polo and equine related activities and events only
c) not more than one light industry for the purposes of a micro-brewery and with the gross floor area of the light industry being not more than 1000m2
d) medical centre and with the gross floor area of any medical centre being not more than 300m2
e) not more than one shop and with the gross floor area of the shop being not more than 200m2
f) car parks, sewage reticulation systems, sewerage systems, sewage treatment plants, and water supply systems provided these uses are ancillary to the other permitted uses on the site
The proponent, Basscave Pty Ltd, advises that the objective of the planning proposal is to permit a range of uses that are compatible with the objectives of the RU2 Rural Landscape zone and which will support the evolution of the site to provide a range of uses that support the tourism economy (particularly that associated with polo operations) in the Hawkesbury area.
The proponent advises that it is intended that the planning proposal will not only facilitate delivery of infrastructure to support the upcoming Polo World Cup Event, but will also allow for the use of the site for polo, tourist and function centre uses, as well as a range of other compatible uses consistent with the site’s zoning and rural setting. This will support increased economic activity and tourism in the Hawkesbury region.
The planning proposal and other supporting documentation is on public exhibition 8:30am to 5pm Monday to Friday at Council’s Administration Office, 366 George Street, Windsor for the period Friday 9 December 2016 to Monday 30 January 2017 and can be viewed below or on Council’s online community engagement site www.yourhawkesbury-yoursay.com.au.
Interested persons are invited to inspect the planning proposal and other supporting documentation. Written submissions should be referenced “LEP006/15” and can be posted to Hawkesbury City Council, PO Box 146, WINDSOR NSW 2756, faxed to (02) 4587 7740, or emailed to email@example.com.
The last day for the receipt of submissions is Monday 30 January 2017.
Please note confidentiality is not available to respondents. The details of any submissions may be included in a Council report or forwarded to the proponent where it may help to resolve issues raised in the submission. Information (including copies of submissions) may also be released in accordance with Council’s Access to Information policy.
Any comments about this proposal may contain information that is personal information, such as information that identifies you, etc, for the purposes of the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1988. The inclusion of personal information with your submission is voluntary. However, if not provided Council will not be able to contact you about the proposal. The information will be stored in Council's electronic records system and paper files. For your protection, Council recommends that you do not include defamatory comments in your submission.
Submissions are balanced with Council’s statutory obligations, the rights of the proponent and the public interest. Council must consider any submissions made before it decides whether to proceed with or abandon a proposal.
Under Section 147(5) of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979, any person who makes a submission to Council is required to disclose any political donation or gift. Where relevant a Political Donation and Gift Disclosure Statement is to accompany any submission lodged with Council. This statement can be obtained from Council’s Customer Service Unit or on Council’s website.
The Minister for Planning has delegated the making of the local environmental plan to Council. Note, Council may decide not to exercise such delegation, and if so the planning proposal and associated amendment to Hawkesbury Local Environmental Plan 2012 will be forwarded to the Department of Planning and Environment for finalisation.
If you have any enquiries please contact Strategic Planning Manager (02) 4560 4604 or Strategic Planning Co-ordinator (02) 4560 4544.
Public Authority Responses
Page ID: 87114