Local Heritage Incentive Fund 2016 - 2017
Hawkesbury City Council and the NSW Office of Environment & Heritage are jointly funding the Local Heritage Incentive Fund for 2016 – 2017 which is targeted at minor improvements/conservation works to heritage listed commercial propeties within the Windsor and Richmond historic townships.
This incentive funding program recognises the importance of conserving, protecting and caring for heritage listed commercial buildings in the historic townships of Windsor and Richmond. The main objectives of the Incentive Fund are:
- to promote community awareness of the significance of heritage listed commercial properties within the Windsor and Richmond historic townships;
- to encourage owners of commercial properties within Windsor and Richmond historic townships, through advice and small grants to employ simple measures to undertake minor improvements/conservation works to those historic buildings to maintain and improve their heritage significance; and
- to increase Council’s engagement with local heritage owners.
Owners or managers of heritage listed commercial properties within the Windsor and Richmond historic townships are eligible to apply for the Incentive Fund, which provides dollar for dollar grant funding of up to $2,000 for minor improvements/conservation works to heritage listed commercial properties in the historic townships of Windsor and Richmond.
Applications are now open and the final date for applications is Friday, 16 September 2016. Application guidelines and forms are available below.
An information session will be held on Wednesday, 10 August 2016 at Hawkesbury City Council’s Administration Building, 366 George Street, Windsor, in the Large Committee Room First Floor (up the ramp) between 6:30pm – 8:00pm. The session will include presentations by Local Heritage Advisor and Council Officers.
Application forms and guides for submitting an application for funding are included below:
- Guidelines for Applications - Local Heritage Assistance Fund 2016 - 2017 - Minor Improvements/Maintenance Works to Heritage Listed Commercial Properties
- Project Application Form - Local Heritage Incentive Fund 2016 - 2017
- Heritage Listed Commercial Property Summary
If you have any enquiries in respect of the local heritage incentive fund or would like to register for Council’s information session, please contact Karu Wijayasinghe, Councils Senior Strategic Land Use Planner on (02) 4560 4546.
Page ID: 82354