CDs and DVDs
CDs and DVDs
CDs and DVDs are extremely durable and non-biodegradable, meaning that they will last almost forever in a landfill. All discs also contain toxic chemicals and metals that may seep into the landfill over time.
Prevent your unwanted discs from ending up in landfill. If in a reasonable condition, donate your unwanted CDs and DVDs to:
- Anglicare Op Shop– 205 Windsor St, Richmond - Phone: (02) 4578 4135
- Salvos Store– cnr Lennox & Paget Streets, Richmond - Phone: (02) 4578 3560
- Uniting Church – 25 West Market Street, Richmond - Phone: (02) 4578 3820
- Windsor 256 George Street - Phone: (02) 4577 4880
- Richmond 1 / 328 Windsor Street - Phone: (02) 4578 0599
- Riverstone Shop 3 / 33 Pitt Street - Phone: (02) 9627 3756
If your CDs and DVDs are not reusable and cannot be taken to charity, you can drop off your CDs and DVDs for free recycling at:
- Hawkesbury City Council - 366 George Street, Windsor
- Please remove paper inserts from CD and DVD cases and place them into your household recycling bin.
- When dropping off your CDs and DVDs to the Hawkesbury City Waste Management Facility there is a sulo bin to place your discs in only. This is because the covers are not recyclable and must be placed in your red-lidded garbage bin.
HOUSEHOLD QUANTITIES ONLY. Businesses are encouraged to set up their own recycling service for this material.
For more information, contact the Waste Education Officer on (02) 4560 4444.
Page ID: 40008