A-Z Reuse and Recycling
DVDs and CDs
DVDs and CDs are extremely durable and non-biodegradable, meaning that they will last almost forever in a landfill. All discs also contain toxic chemicals and metals that may seep into the landfill over time.
Prevent your unwanted discs from ending up in landfill. If in a reasonable condition, donate your unwanted CDs and DVDs to:
- Anglicare Op Shop– 205 Windsor St, Richmond - Phone: (02) 4578 4135
- Salvos Store– cnr Lennox & Paget Streets, Richmond - Phone: (02) 4578 3560
- Uniting Church – 25 West Market Street, Richmond - Phone: (02) 4578 3820
- Windsor 256 George Street - Phone: (02) 4577 4880
- Richmond 1 / 328 Windsor Street - Phone: (02) 4578 0599
- Riverstone Shop 3 / 33 Pitt Street - Phone: (02) 9627 3756
If your CDs and DVDs are not reusable and cannot be taken to charity, you can drop off your CDs and DVDs for free recycling at:
- Hawkesbury City Council - 366 George Street, Windsor
- Hawkesbury City Waste Management Facility - The Driftway, South Windsor -
Phone: (02) 4560 4684
- Please remove paper inserts from CD and DVD cases and place them into your household recycling bin.
- When dropping off your CDs and DVDs to the Hawkesbury City Waste Management Facility there is a separate sulo bin to place your CD and DVD plastic covers into. This is because the covers are recycled separately to the CD/DVD's.
Page ID: 35685