13 July 2017
From the Mayor's Desk
- Our first information kiosks for Investing in Your Future kick off this weekend. On Saturday, 15 July at 9am we have one at Glossodia Shopping Centre, Glossodia and another one also, on Saturday, 15 July at 9am at McLeod Park Markets, South Windsor.
Investing in Your Future is a proposal for a Special Rate Variation that would commence in July 2018. Council staff and Councillors have already been actively engaging with our community about the future of our Council. Now we need your input to help us with some important decisions about our community assets and services.
Residents can participate by returning the reply paid postcard with their rates notices or by participating in the online survey at www.yourhawkesbury-yoursay.com.au/investing-in-your-future For further information, please attend one of the many town meetings or information kiosks being held throughout the Hawkesbury until Saturday, 12 August. Go to www.yourhawkesbury-yoursay.com.au for more information as well as all meeting locations and times or call Customer Service on 4560 4444. Community consultation for Investing in Your Future will conclude on Sunday, 13 August 2017.
- Congratulations to the 23 people who became new Australians citizens last night, Wednesday, 12 July, at a special citizenship ceremony at Windsor Function Centre. It was pleasure to meet so many happy people, with their countries of birth including China, Germany, Estonia, France, Iran, Fiji, Netherlands, New Zealand. Philippines and the United Kingdom.
- Great news for kids - we now have a children's area in the foyer of Council's Administration Building at 366 George Street, Windsor. We have relaxing bean bag seats, a reading nook with books, and a table with pencils, pens and paper, all with light pouring in from the large garden windows. We hope that this will be a fun area for children when parents or carers come in with Council enquiries or business. Remember, you can always pay your rates by coming in to Council and meeting our friendly customer service staff who are always ready and willing to help.
- I am proud to tell you that Hawkesbury City Council has received a Special Commendation from the NSW Rural Fire Service (RFS) Supportive Employer Program. The Program recognises the vital contribution employers make to the NSW RFS, especially by releasing volunteers to attend incidents and other NSW RFS activities during work hours.
The primary aim of NSW RFS Supportive Employer Program is to recognise the contribution of the time given by volunteers, either self-employed or employed by a supporting organisation. My thanks to our Council staff and community members who, as RFS volunteers, readily assist the RFS and our community during times of fire.
Do you own or manage a local heritage residential property within the Windsor and Richmond historic townships? If so, I encourage you to attend an evening information session about our Local Heritage Assistance Fund on Wednesday, 26 July 2017. Application forms are available at Council's website and suitable applicants can receive up to $2000. Applications must be made by Monday, 21 August 2017.
Council and the NSW Office of Environment & Heritage are jointly funding the Local Heritage Assistance Fund which recognises the importance of conserving, protecting and caring for heritage listed residential buildings. The main objectives of the Local Heritage Assistance Fund are:
- to promote community awareness of the significance of heritage listed residential properties within the Windsor and Richmond historic townships;
- to encourage owners of residential properties within Windsor and Richmond historic townships, through advice and small grants to employ simple measures to undertake minor improvements/conservation works to those historic buildings to maintain and improve their heritage significance; and
- to increase Council’s engagement with local heritage property owners.
The evening information session will be held on Wednesday, 26 July 2017 at Council‘s Administration Building, 366 George Street, Windsor, in the Large Committee Room First Floor (up the ramp) from 6:30pm to 8pm. To register for the information session, contact Karu Wijayasinghe, Senior Strategic Land Use Planner of Council on 4560 4546 or email firstname.lastname@example.org For more information or to obtain an application form, visit here.
Page ID: 95842