20 July 2017
- Hawkesbury City Council is a major sponsor of the Hawkesbury Local Business Awards. Nominations are now open for the 2017 Awards and business customers and owners are encouraged to nominate a deserving business. Nominations can be made online at www.thebusinessawards.com (select Hawkesbury) or by nomination forms available at business throughout the Hawkesbury or Council's Administration Building (366 George Street, Windsor).
- I have two great reasons for you to come to Mulgrave next Saturday, 29 July from 9:30 am to midday - our annual plant giveaway at the Hawkesbury Community Nursery to celebrate National Tree Day in conjunction with Planet Ark, and our annual Hawkesbury Companion Animal Shelter Open Day.
- Over 13 local organisations will also be in attendance at the Hawkesbury Community Nursery to provide you with all the answers you have been looking for, about waste and recycling, Landcare, National Parks, Aboriginal culture, bush regeneration, plants, Indian Myna control, wetlands, weeds, nest boxes, and your local environment.
- If you are unable to make it to collect your free plants on 29 July, the Nursery will have a small supply of plants to also giveaway on Monday, 31 July from 10.30am – midday. For more information about the plant giveaway, contact Council’s Community Bushcare Officer, Martin Gauci on (02) 4560 4525 or email@example.com
- The Hawkesbury Companion Animal Shelter Open Day will include animal focused market stalls, a mobile dog wash, Australian Working Dog Rescue demonstrations, and a BBQ. There will also be free micro-chipping for the pets of Hawkesbury residents, maximum of two per household, from 9:30 am to 11:30 am.
- For more information about the Hawkesbury Companion Animal Shelter, please call (02) 4560 4644 or visit www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au
- Many homeless people suffer in the cold winter months. Helping homeless people is only a phone call away. The NSW Government's Link2home phone service is a single, statewide telephone information and referral service to assist homeless people and those at risk of homelessness. The service can provide information about local homelessness services and assess what people need and refer them to appropriate specialist services.
The 24/7 service is available every day and makes it easier access the right service at the right time. Anyone can get help from the Link2home telephone service by calling 1800 152 152.
By now many of you will have met our Council staff and Councillors around the Hawkesbury as we actively engage with you about ‘Investing in Your Future’, a proposal for a Special Rate Variation that would commence in July 2018.
You’ve told us that Council needs to invest more money in maintaining and upgrading our assets and services. We are talking with community members about three funding options to consider, which will have a different outcome in terms of the standards to which Council manages its assets and delivers its services. We had town meetings in Glossodia and Bligh Park as well as information kiosks at Glossodia and South Windsor, and it’s great to meet so many enthusiastic and interested residents.
Upcoming town meetings include Thursday, 20 July at 6pm at Horrie Eley Memorial Hall, Colo Heights; Wednesday, 26 July at 6pm at Windsor Function Centre, Windsor and Thursday, 27 July @ 6:30pm at North Richmond Community Centre, North Richmond. Or meet us at 9am at local shopping centres on Saturday, 22 July - Windsor Marketplace (Woolworths), Saturday, 22 July - North Richmond Village, Sunday, 23 July - Windsor Mall Markets, Monday, 24 July - Windsor Riverview (Coles).
Please visit www.yourhawkesbury-yoursay.com.au/investing-in-yourfuture for the full list of dates and more locations of upcoming meetings. Alternatively you can call our friendly Customer Service staff on (02) 4560 4444. You can also complete an online survey and obtain more information on the above link. Thank you to everyone who has already completed the online survey. I look forward to lots of constructive feedback about the future of our assets and services.
Page ID: 95962