Dr Rex Stubbs OAM Memorial Scholarship
The Dr Rex Stubbs OAM Memorial Annual Scholarship was established by Hawkesbury City Council in February 2011. It recognises Councillor Stubbs’ abiding commitment to both the Hawkesbury community and the historical significance of the area.
The scholarship aims to to support people who wish to pursue an interest of history in the Hawkesbury and to showcase local talent in the field of historical research or interpretation.
It is available to residents of the Hawkesbury Local Government Area (LGA), members of historical groups from within the LGA and Council’s Cultural Services (Museum, Gallery and Library) volunteers.
The scholarship funds the attendance of two people (one to be 16 – 26 years of age) at the annual Royal Australian Historical Society state conference.
Scholarship recipients also receive a two year Royal Australian Historical Society membership.
Dr Rex Stubbs OAM Memorial Scholarship – annual diary
- 1 June - Competition opens
- 31 August - Competition closes
- September - Winner announced during NSW History Week
Brochures/nomination forms can be collected from:
- Dr Rex Stubbs OAM Memorial Annual Scholarship
- Council’s Administration Building
- Hawkesbury Central Library
- Windsor and Richmond Branch Libraries
- Hawkesbury Regional Museum
- Hawkesbury Regional Gallery
- Hawkesbury Visitor Information Centre
For further information contact Council's Manager Cultural Services on 02 4560 4460.
Page ID 40705