Are you hosting an event in the Hawkesbury?
Hawkesbury City Council is committed to supporting the community to host public events to ensure they are safe, successful and well-run.
Events in the Hawkesbury create the opportunity to build:
- Community – involvement and participation
- Capacity – the ability to self organise and develop resilience in the community
- Connections – social cohesion across communities and local businesses
Hawkesbury City Council has recently developed an Events Strategy which identifies how Council will attract, partner, access, fund, produce, promote and approve events in the Hawkesbury.
The Events Strategy delivers a transparent framework for Council to determine funding and other assistance for events, based on a clear set of objectives and criteria. As part of the Events Strategy Council has developed an:
- Eligibility Criteria – Council will only support event applications that meet the Criteria in the Eligibility Criteria. It is recommended event applicants review this Criteria and ensure that their event meets the Criteria guidelines.
- Assessment Criteria Matrix – Council will assess each event against the Assessment Criteria Matrix to provide objectivity and a guide to applicant’s about the criteria Council will be using when making a decision about whether to support the event. The event ‘score’ will be a good guide as to whether Council will support the event. It is recommended event applicants review the Assessment Matrix Criteria and associated information to ensure their event scores as highly as possible on the Matrix.
- Event Evaluation Framework – After an event Council will evaluate the event against the Event Evaluation Framework to identify opportunities for continuous improvement. It is recommended Event Evaluation Framework be reviewed to ensure event applicants understand the goals of Council when preparing for future events.
- A 5 year action plan with clear deliverables and timing for Council.
It is recommended that all event applicants review the Event Strategy, particularly the Eligibility Criteria, Assessment Criteria Matrix and Evaluation Framework, prior to submitting an Event Application Form
If you are considering holding an event in the Hawkesbury please complete:
Your Event Application Form – Part 1 will be reviewed by the Corporate Communications Team within 10 business days and if an Event Application Form – Part 2 needs to be completed you will be contacted.
If you are seeking sponsorship for your event – either in-kind, financial or both please complete
Event Sponsorship Funding Round 1 2018/2019 Now Open 1 September 2018.
Application close - 30 September 2018
Two rounds of Event Sponsorship Applications will be open to event applicants each year in September and February. To be eligible for sponsorship – in-kind, financial, or both from Council, Event Applicants will need to submit both Form 1 and Form 2.
Event Applicants will be advised about whether they have received sponsorship for their event once all applications have been reviewed and a determination is made by Council.
If you receive funding for your event you will be required to submit an Event Sponsorship Acquittal Form post event
Page ID: 115047