Live & Local Music Hawkesbury
Would you like to hear music in your main streets?
Live and Local Music Hawkesbury is a great opportunity for Hawkesbury City Council and local businesses to work together to create fun, vibrant, music filled town centres, in our local shops, where local musicians can perform.
Hawkesbury City Council has received Live and Local Strategic Initiative grant funding from Create NSW and the Live Music Office to hold micro music festivals in Richmond and Kurrajong. The micro music festivals will transform traditional retail shops into non-traditional music venues, allowing the community more opportunities to engage with live music!
The intention is that the four hour festival:
- involves a small number of venues and artists
- is family-friendly
- is free for the public
- presents no cost to the businesses involved – for them, it’s business as usual
- creates a safe environment that doesn’t require road closures or any major infrastructure
- offers music that suits each venue.
The hope is that:
- venues will see programming live music as a success and they will look at hosting more live music in the future
- there will be flow-on benefits for the community’s local economy and increased employment and opportunities for local musicians and associated industries.
Where and when will these festivals be held in the Hawkesbury?
In Richmond there are two locations:
- Windsor Street between Bosworth Street and East Market Street
- East Market Street between Windsor Street and Richmond Railway Station
On Saturday, 24 March, 2018 between 11am – 3pm
In Kurrajong Village on Saturday, 14 April, 2018 between 10am – 2pm
Grant funding will be used to pay local musicians, technicians, a curator and production costs. Musicians, technicians and curator/s must live in Western Sydney.
In the case of bands or duos, 50% of the artists in the band or duo must reside in one of the 13 Local Government Areas (LGAs) in Western Sydney.
Western Sydney means the area that comprises the following LGAs: Blacktown, Blue Mountains, Camden, Canterbury-Bankstown, Campbelltown, Cumberland, Fairfield, Hawkesbury, The Hills, Liverpool, Parramatta, Penrith and Wollondilly.
Express your interest
Please express your interest in being either a host venue, musician or music curator by clicking one of the links below. Please complete and return the form by 9pm, 8 January 2018.
Funding will cover the costs of musician and technician fees.
For more information please contact:
Manager Cultural Services & Live and Local Hawkesbury Project Coordinator
Ph: (02) 4560 4468
Or email email@example.com
Please see here for further information about live music and free resources.
Page ID: 101321