2nd December 2010
Notice of approval for burning under the Protection of the Environment Operations (Clean Air) Regulation 2010
At the Council meeting on 9 November 2010, Council adopted the Notice of Approval regarding pile burning of dead and dry vegetation. This allows the burning of dead and dry vegetation grown on that property, on land which is 4,000 square metres (one acre) or greater and/or is designated as an Extreme Risk under the Hawkesbury Bush Fire Risk Management Plan, subject to compliance with the conditions of the Notice of Approval. If the Notice of Approval is complied with, no further approval from Hawkesbury City Council is required. The notice will remain in force for a period of 5 years. The Notice of Approval can be viewed at Council Offices or at www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au
Consulting the Community
Kerbside Cleanup Survey
Hawkesbury City Council is undertaking a public consultation process to gauge the needs of the community for household bulk waste (kerbside cleanup) services.
As part of this process, members of the community are encouraged to participate in an online survey which is available to the public until 17 December. The feedback will be included with the other forms of public consultation underway to enable Council to make informed decisions about any future household bulk waste cleanup services.
Other ongoing consultation includes focus groups (chosen from volunteers who previously participated in the Hawkesbury Community Strategic Plan) and an extensive telephone survey of a cross section of the Hawkesbury community.
Various options are being considered such as:
- Residents make their own arrangements for bulk waste disposal
- Continue the existing “on call” service
- Provide a “scheduled” service to the existing properties with a service
- Expand “on call” service to all properties with a garbage service or
- Pay per use – council charges a fee as residents use the service.
- You are invited to have your say on this matter, by going to Council''s web page at www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au and following the links to the community consultation section to complete the survey. For enquiries, contact Regulatory Services via 4560 4444 or Garry Baldry on 4560 4542.
Tuesday 14 Ordinary 6.30pm
Development Application Recently Determined
Notice under Section 101 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act, 1979, the following Development Consents were determined by Council.
>>> View applications
The development consents are available for public inspection, without charge, at Council Offices. Office hours are 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
Hawkesbury Regional Gallery
Alan Jones and Wayde Owen: Cultural Imperialism
Till 5 December 2010 (last days)
Deerubbin Centre (1st Floor)
300 George Street WINDSOR
Monday - Friday 10am - 4pm Weekends 10am - 3pm. Closed Tuesdays and public holidays.
Phone 4560 4441
Tender No. 01211 - Provision of External Audit Services
Top of Page
Page ID: 29384