11 February 2016
Construction of West Portland Road Bridge, Lower Portland - Tender No. 00971
Tenders are invited for the construction of a concrete bridge on West Portland Road at Lower Portland and will be received up to 3pm on Wednesday, 9 March 2016.
It is proposed to construct a three span prestressed concrete bridge (a total length of 30m) over Roberts Creek to replace the existing steel/timber bridge. The scope of work comprises of the supply of all materials, plant, equipment, labour and the carrying out of all activities necessary for the construction of this bridge as two separable portions as detailed in the tender document.
Tender documents are available for free at https://tenders.nsw.gov.au/wsroc/ or at Council's Administration office at 366 George Street, Windsor from Tuesday, 9 February 2016 for a non-refundable fee of $100 (incl. GST).
Tenders may only be submitted by the means described in the tender documents and must be received by the closing time. Late tenders will not be accepted.
Please note that there is a compulsory pre-tender meeting to be held at 10am on Tuesday,
23 February 2016 at the jobsite located on West Portland Road, Lower Portland at approximately 12.6km north of the intersection of Putty Road (MR179) and King Road, Wilberforce.
The canvassing of Councillors will automatically disqualify the applicant from the tender process.
For further information, please contact Council's Tendering and Contracts Officer, Mr Gordon Sainsbury on (02) 4560 4470.
Tuesday 16 6:30pm Extraordinary –Merger Submission
Tuesday 23 6:30pm Ordinary
Tuesday 8 6:30pm Ordinary
Extraordinary Meeting of Council
Members of the Hawkesbury community are advised that an Extraordinary meeting of the Council has been called for 6:30pm on Tuesday 16 February 2016 in the Council Chambers, 366 George Street, Windsor.
The meeting is to consider Council’s formal submission to the merger proposal between Hawkesbury City Council and part of The Hills Shire Council.
The Business Paper for the meeting will be available from 12noon on Friday,12 February 2016 and can be viewed on Council’s website
To address the meeting on an item in the business paper you must register to speak prior to 3pm on
the day of the meeting by contacting Council. An application form is available online.
Hard copy forms are available from Council’s Administrative Building, 366 George Street, Windsor or by contacting the Manager Corporate Services and Governance on (02) 4560 4426.
Development consents, complying development certificates, section 96 modifications and section 82a reviews recently determined
Notice under Section 101 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979, the following Development Consents, Complying Development Certificates, Section 96 Modifications and Section 82A Reviews were determined by Council.
- DA0349/15 - 2129B Comleroy Road UPPER COLO -Dwelling House - Approved
- DA0402/15 - 24 Moray Street RICHMOND -Demolition - Demolition of a dwelling house - Approved
- DA0594/15 - 1210 Bells Line Of Road KURRAJONG HEIGHTS -Dwelling House with Attached Garage - Deferred Commencement
- DA0603/15 - Church Street Reserve - Oasis, Church Street SOUTH WINDSOR -Recreation Facility (Indoor) - Alterations and additions to the aquatic centre - Approved
- DA0744/15 - 20 Wellesley Street PITT TOWN -Structure Ancillary to Dwelling House – Outbuilding - Approved
- DA0765/15 - 207 Mileham Street SOUTH WINDSOR -Dwelling House with Attached Garage - Approved
- DA0770/15 - 44 Barkly Drive WINDSOR DOWNS -Structure Ancillary to Dwelling – Outbuilding - Approved
- DA0775/15 - 1/1 Samuel Street BLIGH PARK -Retrospective Application - Structure ancillary to dwelling – Carport - Refused
- DA0809/15 - 11 Stables Street PITT TOWN -Dwelling House with Attached Garage - Approved
- DA0832/15 - 30 Blighton Road PITT TOWN -Single storey dwelling - Approved
- CDC0050/15 - 296 Spinks Road GLOSSODIA - Amended - Hsg Code - Single Storey or two storey dwelling - Granny Flat (Relates to CDC0044/15) -Approved
- S960120/15 - 83 Hadden Ridge Road WILBERFORCE -Modification of Development Consent No.0298/15 - Temporary Accommodation of Outbuilding during construction - Approved
- S960124/15 - 22 Claremont Crescent WINDSOR -Modification Application to Development Consent No.0636/14 - Design Amendments and Reduction in setback of garage - Approved
The Development Consents, Complying Development Certificates, Section 96 Modifications and Section 82A Reviews are available for public inspection, without charge, at Council’s offices. Office hours are 8:30am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
Expressions of Interest
Tourism Working Group
Council is establishing a new exciting Tourism Working Group, as part of its approach to supporting the tourism sector in the Hawkesbury area.
The tourism working group is an action of the newly adopted Hawkesbury Tourism Strategy (Strategy) in 2015. The Strategy was developed with input from the community and tourism business operators; and through the process, it was clear there was a need for a group to progress a new approach to the local tourism experience in the Hawkesbury.
We are looking for tourism leaders to join the group, which is anticipated to first meet in March 2016. The group’s purpose is to be a forum of Council and local tourism sector leaders to strategically inform, guide and participate in key tourism activities lead by Council and the group to grow the local economy. It will be a conduit between Council and the tourism sector, drive the Hawkesbury tourism vision; and help develop a fresh new approach to the Hawkesbury offering for travellers and visitors. The group will be involved in building a destination website, along with planning a local tourism sector response to the 2017 Polo World Championships to be held at Richmond.
We need people who are ‘citizens of the Hawkesbury’ area, who may have skills and experience in the tourism sector, business and industry development and growth, investment attraction, business innovation, tours and event management and community development to join the tourism working group. We need strategic thinkers who can respond to tourism markets and visitors trends, to help position Hawkesbury tourism for the future.
Expressions of interest are invited from individuals, community and business representatives to be part of the tourism working group, which will include Hawkesbury Councillors and Hawkesbury Council Management members. The tourism working group is not a Committee of Council.
For more information about the working group, including the objectives, membership, governance and the EOI Form, please contact Council’s Strategic Activities Planner, Fiona Mann on (02) 4560 4579 or email@example.com or visit Council’s website, www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au .
Expressions of Interest close at 5pm Wednesday, 24 February 2016.
Council is bound by the provisions of the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998, in the collection, storage and utilisation of personal information provided. Accordingly, the personal information will only be utilised for the purposes for which it has been obtained
Please note, the canvassing of Councillors in relation to appointment to the Hawkesbury tourism Working Group will automatically disqualify the applicant from the process.
Page ID: 74106