Fees & Charges
Click here (pdf - 13.3MB) for purchase of cat prices.
This includes: Sale Price, F4 vaccination, Desexing, Microchipping & Lifetime Registration
Surrender of cat: $180.25 for HCC residents, $396.55 for all other residents.
Impound fees: $71.30 the first day, then $28.80 per day
Click here (pdf - 13.3MB) for purchase of dog prices.
This includes: Purchase Price, C5 Vaccination, Desexing, Microchipping & Lifetime Registration
Surrender of dog: $252.35 HCC residents, $468.65 for all other residents
Impound fees: $94.90 for the first day, then $31.20 per day.
Any subsequent impounding: $119.60 for the first day, then $31.20 per day
Lifetime Registration of Cats & Dogs is a legal requirement. There is a once off payment that lasts the lifetime of the animal.
As of 01/01/2014 the new fees for lifetime registration will be:
- Animal is Desexed - $55.00
- Animal is Desexed and owned by eligible pensioner* - $23.00
- Animal is not Desexed - $201.00
- Animal not desexed kept by recognised breeder for breeding purposes - $55.00
- Working Dog - $0.00
- Cat born prior to 1 July 1999 where ownership has not changed (when the Companion Animals Act 1998 came into effect) - $0.00
- Assistance animal - $0.00
- Dog in the service of the State, for example, a police dog - $0.00
- Greyhound currently registered under the Greyhound Racing Act 2009** - $0.00
*An eligible pensioner is a person in receipt of the aged pension, war widow pension or disability pension. If you are unsure whether you are an eligible pensioner, please contact your local council.
**For information in relation to greyhounds registered under the Greyhound Racing Act 2009, please click here
Cat Trap Hire
$158.20 CASH deposit - $32.80 per fortnight hire fee (HCC residents get first week hire free)
Further information on charges can be found here.
Page ID: 38336