Access for people with disabilities
The Hawkesbury Library Service provides a range of programs and services designed to support and encourage seniors and people with disabilities to participate in community life.
Hawkesbury Central Library
- Accessible venue, toilets and parking Accessible entrances:
- Ramp from the Christie Street courtyard entrance
- Ramp and lift from the undercover car park and George Street entrance
- Accessible toilets are located on the Library and Gallery levels of the Deerubbin Centre
- Accessible parking spaces in the Deerubbin Centre undercover car park
- Hearing Loops:
- Hawkesbury Central Library, Deerubbin Centre, Windsor
- Tebbutt Room, Deerubbin Centre, Windsor
Richmond Branch Library
- Accessible venue, toilets and parking
- Mobility parking space at the rear of the building – access from March Street
Access to Library Resources
Services for library for clients with a disability:
Home Delivery Service
The Home Delivery Service provides a free and convenient way for homebound Hawkesbury residents due to infirmity, disability or prolonged illness to borrow library books and other items. Library volunteers and staff will bring a fresh supply of reading material to your doorstep regularly.
Talking Audio books and large print books
Both libraries have a collection of talking books, CD and cassette, and large print books available for loan. If you are interested in braille books contact Vision Australia, previously know as the Royal Blind Society.
Other Services and Resources
- Peppercorn Services – Disability and Aged Services
- Windsor Mobility and Access Information - including an accessibility map of Windsor.
Please contact the Library on (02) 4560 4460 to discuss any other special needs and access.
Page ID 22471