Information for artists wishing to exhibit
1. Established professional artists may be invited from time to time to have solo exhibitions at the Regional Gallery. These are generally arranged 18 months in advance, due to the exigencies of scheduling and promotion.
The Curator and Director select solo artists based on their body of work and the extent to which it fits with the gallery's aims, including relevance to the region. Established artists are defined as having held at least three solo exhibitions and being published in a range of printed reviews, catalogues and critical articles. NB. These exhibitions are not 'selling' exhibitions.
Exhibition proposals need to include the following:
- Curatorial rational/summary of the exhibition (maximum 1 page)
- 1 page CV for each exhibiting artist (maximum 1 page)
- A brief description of the type of artwork to be exhibited (painting, photography, installation, new-media etc.)
- A selection of images from each artist, (maximum 5 images per artist, or 30 images in total) each image needs to be identified with title, date, medium and size. Images should be sent on a CD.
Proposals are welcomed at any time and will be kept on file. Assessments take place in June each year. Please send to:
Hawkesbury Regional Gallery
PO Box 146
2. In addition, a quick response community art gallery, the Stan Stevens Studio, is available for use or hire. Groups or artists take responsibility for all aspects of staging the exhibition, including hanging (with some support from gallery staff) minding, promotion, invitations and launches.
For information on Conditions of Use or Hire of the Stan Stevens Studio and other community rooms in the Deerubbin Centre, as well as images of the rooms, Click here. Bookings for the Stan Stevens Studio can be made by phoning 4560 4460.
Page ID: 25028