Council's Vision & Mission
Council’s vision is outlined in the Hawkesbury Community Strategic Plan 2017-2036. This plan signifies a new approach to the way Hawkesbury City Council prepares plans, program activities, budgets and reports. It captures the vision of where our community as a whole, would like to be 20 years from now.
The plan was developed in consultation with the community, Councillors and Council staff. It sets out five main visions which are linked to specific themes. These are supported by directions and strategies, with defined goals which identify targets and measures which outline key performance guidelines.
These visions are: 2036 We want Hawkesbury to be a place where we have:
Looking after people and place
- A community in which the area’s character is preserved and lifestyle choices are provided with sustainable planned, well serviced development, within strongly connected, safe and friendly neighbourhoods
Caring for our environment
- A community dedicated to minimising its ecological footprint, enjoying a clean river and an environment that is nurtured, healthy, protected and provides opportunities for its sustainable use
Linking the Hawkesbury
- A community which is provided with facilities and services efficiently linked by well maintained roads and accessible and integrated transport and communication systems which also connect surrounding regions
Supporting business and local jobs
- New and existing industries which provide opportunities for a range of local employment and training options, complemented by thriving town centres
Shaping our future together
- An independent, strong and engaged community, with a respected leadership which provides for the future needs of its people in a sustainable and financially responsible manner
For further information Hawkesbury Community Strategic Plan 2017-2036.
Page ID: 33945