Community Support and Wellbeing during COVID-19

During these difficult times, it is important to look after ourselves, stay connected, informed and safe. There are community supports available for your needs and we will endeavor to keep you informed. Please be mindful that information regarding COVID-19 is constantly evolving, and Council will make every effort to keep this information updated. To ensure that you are receiving the most updated information, we recommend that you go straight to the sources provided.

Download the official government Coronavirus Australia app in the Apple App Store or Google Play, or join the WhatsApp channel on iOSor Android.

I’m nervous about COVID-19, where can I find up to date information?

Find up to date information

Find essential information from the Australian Government, including updates and advice from different Government agencies at

I’ve lost work or income, what financial support or advice is available?

You may be eligible for a COVID-19 Disaster Payment. This is a support payment for workers adversely affected by a stat public health order. Check your eligibility.

The NSW Government and the Australian Government provide financial assistance and support if you have been impacted by COVID-19 and you are experiencing financial difficulty.

Contact Services Australia about payments and services for Medicare, Centrelink or Child Support.

If you believe that you have been the victim of an unfair dismissal, contact Unfair Dismissals Australia.

National Debt Helpline - Free, independent and confidential financial counselling. Call 1800 007 007

I have nowhere to live, who can help me?
  • Contact Link2home Homelessness on this 24/7 number 1800 152 152  This is a statewide telephone service that provides help to people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
I am unsafe in my home, who can I call for Domestic Violence assistance?
  • Call The Women’s Cottage on 4578 4190 for domestic violence support and crisis information. Leave a message if your call is not answered, you will receive a call back.
    • Mon/Tues/Wed/Fri 9.30am to 4pm
    • Thursday 9.30am to 1pm and 3pm to 7pm
    • Saturday 9.30am to 1pm
  • Call Nurreen Women’s Accommodation and Support Service on 4574 8905 for specialist support for women and children in the Hawkesbury who are experiencing or escaping domestic violence.
    • Monday to Friday 8.30am to 4pm
  • Call Windsor Police Station Domestic Violence Liaison Officer 4587 4099 or 000 in an emergency.
  • Other 24/7 hotlines for domestic violence support include:
    1. DV Line – 1800 65 64 63
    2. 1800RESPECT – 1800 737 732
    3. Lifeline crisis support and suicide prevention services – 131 114
    4. Kids Helpline telephone counselling support for children and young people aged 5 years to 25 years – 1800 551 800
    5. Link2home statewide homelessness and information referral telephone service – 1800 152 152
I need disability information
  • The NDIS website has lots of information and updates for you.
  • The Disability Information Helpline is available for people with disability who need help because of coronavirus (COVID-19). The Helpline can help families, carers, support workers and services, providing information, and referring people to advocacy, counselling and other supports. The Helpline is free, private and fact-checked. Call 1800 643 787.
I’m an older person and need help.
  • My Aged Care is the Australian Government start point on your aged care journey. Find information about help around the house or aged care homes as well as current heath alerts and information for older Australians.
  • The Older Persons Advocacy Network (OPAN) organisations offer free aged care advocacy services that are independent and confidential. Visit their website or call 1800 237 981 (6am to 10pm, 7 days a week).
I’m a young person, who can I talk to right now?
Legal Advice
  • Western Sydney Community Legal Centre provides a range of services, including free legal advice and assistance. Call (02) 8833 0945 or email
Charitable Food Services

Please be aware most organisations are conducting services via email and phone.

To view the list  of support services available, click here.

Domestic Violence Support Services

Services and support for people experiencing Domestic Violence:

  • Domestic Violence Liaison Officer at the Windsor Police Station (02) 4587 4099
  • The Women’s Cottage – (02) 4578 4190
  • Domestic Violence Hotline: 1800 656 463
  • Lifeline: 13 11 14
  • 1800 RESPECT - 1800 737 732
  • DV Line - 1800 65 64 63
  • Men's Referral Service - 1300 766 491

Services that can assist or provide further support include:

Mental Health Support Services

During this time of uncertainty, it's important to look after your mental health. If you need someone to talk to, help is available.

Mental Health Support and General Counselling Resources

  • Mindspot - free telephone and online service for people with stress, worry, anxiety, low mood or depression. It provides online assessment and treatment for anxiety and depression and can help you find local services. Call 1800 61 44 34 (8am - 8pm, Monday - Friday; 8am-6pm, Saturday).
  • Head to Health (H2H) is a website by the Australian Department of Health that aims to help people find good mental health and wellbeing information, resources, and links to online and phone mental health services. These are hand-picked from Australia’s leading health providers, together in one place. It supports people seeking help – either for themselves or someone they care about.
  • The Black Dog Institute has up to date information and resources on mental illness, online self-testing, current treatments and wellbeing. The institute aims to reduce the incidence of mental illness and the stigma around it, actively reduce suicide rates, and empower everyone to live the most mentally healthy lives possible.
  • Sane Australia is a national charity helping all Australians affected by mental illness. Their website provides straightforward and concise information about mental health and illness including treatments, support, how you can help yourself or someone you care about.
  • Reachout is Australia’s leading online mental health and wellbeing organisation for young people and their parents. Their website offers practical support, tools and tips to help young people get through anything from everyday issues, tough times, mental health issues, relationships, identity, wellbeing or helping others.

Other Specialist Areas

  • 1800Respect - confidential counselling, information and support for people impacted by sexual assault, domestic or family violence and abuse via phone or online chat. Phone: 1800 737 732 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week). 1800Respect online chat.
  • Domestic Violence Hotline The Domestic Violence Line is a NSW statewide telephone crisis counselling and referral service for women, including trans women. Phone: 1800 65 64 63 (It is 24 hours, 7 days a week).
  • Centrelink: Information if you are affected by COVID-19 Information if you or someone you know has been affected by COVID-19. For careers, Families, Job seekers, Older Australians, People with disability, Students and trainees, people who do not normally receive payments from Centrelink and other COVID-19 support services. Phone: 13 24 68
I need support for my children and family?
  • Peppercorn Children and Families – services operating online or via phone, for more info call – 4577 9804
  • Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 4pm
  • Friday 8.30am to 3pm
  • Richmond Community Services Inc – Family Support for parents/primary carers of children 0 – 18 years under stress or in crisis, living in the Hawkesbury. Staff are working from home and can be contacted via phone or email – 4588 3504
    • Monday to Thursday 9am to 12noon – 1pm to 4pm
  • Hawkesbury Community Outreach Services – Child, Youth and Family Team offers support to families in the Hawkesbury who are experiencing difficulties, with children 0 – 18 years – 4573 2922 or
    • Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
  • Strong Nation Community Services – Early Years Family Support for families with at least one child 3 years or under who are under stress and experiencing difficulties – 4587 8091 or
    • Monday, Tuesday and Friday 9am to 5pm
  • Barnardo’s Australia Family Support and Connect – a free service for children, young people and families of any cultural background – 1800 066 757
    • Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm
  • Hawkesbury Early Childhood Intervention Service – NDIS services for 0 – 6 years – 4587 7277 or
  • Wendy McLean Psychology – for enquiries 4578 2700 or for appointments
    • Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
  • Michelle Hookham – Mental Health and Homeopathy – 4577 4435 or 0423 162 001
    • Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
  • Parent Line is a free telephone counselling and support service for parents and carers with children aged 0 – 18 years who live in NSW – 1300 130 052
    • Monday to Friday 9am to 9pm
    • Weekends 4pm to 9pm
  • Karitane Careline – do you have a parenting question about your 0 – 5 year old? an experienced child and family health nurse will support you with guidance and encouragement (not a crisis line) – 1300 227 464
    • Monday to Thursday 8am to 9pm
    • Friday 8am to 4.30pm
    • Saturday 9am to 3.30pm
  • Tresillian Parent Helpline – talk to an experienced nurse if you have questions about breast feeding, settling your baby or nutrition (not a crisis line) – 1300 272 736
    • Monday to Sunday 7am to 11pm
  • Kids Helpline – free phone counselling service for 5 – 25 years, anytime, any reason – 1800 551 800
    • 24/7
  • Child Protection Helpline – to report suspected child abuse or neglect – 132 111
    • 24/7
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples Support Services
  • Merana Aboriginal Community Association for the Hawkesbury – helps the local Aboriginal community with services, programs, cultural activities, special events and advocacy. Call on 4588 5144 or email
    • Monday to Friday 9am to 4.30pm
  • Aboriginal Liaison Officer Hawkesbury District Health Service – for enquiries (02) 4560 5555 or email
    • Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
  • Greater Western Aboriginal Health Service – a health service for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in Western Sydney, Nepean and Blue Mountains. Health services, drug and alcohol, mental health, child and family services.9836 7300 or
    • Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm
  • DV West – Domestic violence services for Aboriginal women and Children –  (02) 4732 2318 or,au or Domestic Violence Line 1800 656 463
  • Centrelink Indigenous Call Centre – free call for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people to enquire about Centrelink payments and services – 1800 136 380
    • Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm
  • Indigenous Disability Advocacy Service – for Aboriginal people living with a disability, their families and carers when the person they are looking after needs help (Western Sydney) – 4722 3524
    • Monday to Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm
  • Aboriginal Access and Assessment Team – Aboriginal Home Care Service of NSW – first point of call to help frail aged Aboriginal people 50 years and over, with a disability and their carers to stay in their home. Call 1300 797 606 or 1800 633 063
    • Monday to Friday 9am to 4pm
  • Greater Sydney Aboriginal Tenants Service – Tenant Advocates are working remotely. Call 9833 3314 or email
    • Monday to Friday 9am to Friday 5pm
  • Aboriginal Contact Line – Victim Services a phone service for Aboriginal people who are victims of violent crime in NSW and who would like information on counselling and/or compensation – 1800 019 123 or email
  • Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
  • Aboriginal Housing Accommodation Support Initiative – provides low to very high level accommodation support for Aboriginal people with a diagnosed mental illness who are in, or eligible for public housing. Call 1300 001 907 or email
    • Monday to Friday 8.30am to 4pm
  • iBobbly – Black Dog Institute – a social an emotional wellbeing self – help app for young Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples aged 15 years and over. Download iBobbly now on iTunes or Google Play or via
  • Mad Mob Aboriginal Corporation – working to educate and promote Aboriginal culture, art, spirituality, health and well-being. Call 0413 412 516 or email
  • Darug Custodian Aboriginal Corporation – the aim of our group is to educate the wider community about Aboriginal people and our culture. We assist with educational programs on culture, cultural sensitivity, language and cultural delivery within all education sectors. Call 0415 770 163 or email the centre is closed due to COVID.
    • Monday to Friday 9am to 4pm
  • Muru Mittigar – a Dharug organisation offering land management services, cultural education services and community services such as No Interest Loans Scheme; financial Counselling; Energy Accounts Payment Assistance. Call 4730 0400 or email
    • Monday to Friday 9am to 4pm
  • Link Up (NSW) Aboriginal Corporation assists all Aboriginal people who had been directly affected by past government policies; being separated from their families and culture through forced removal, being fostered, adopted or raised in institutions – 7227 1443 or 1800 624 332
    • Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm

Page ID: 189833

Dark mode
High contrast