Frequently asked questions
1. How is the COVID-19 restrictions affecting Council services?
Please see Council services and operations COVID-19 update on its website here.
2. Are Council services and facilities reopen?
Yes, Council will provide updates on its website and its Facebook page when services change.
3. Is the main Council phone number operational, and what is the number?
Yes, If you require assistance, you can still speak to one of our customer service staff via phone (02) 4560 4444 or email email@example.com or call Monday to Friday only from 8:30am to 5pm.
4. Can customers still access customer service?
Yes, face to face at 366 George Street, Windsor or online or over the phone.
5. Are Council events cancelled?
Community events and activities organised and hosted by Council are being held in line with Public Health Order requirements and with a COVID Safe Plan.
Any cancellation advice will be posted on Council's website and Facebook pages.
6. Can I still attend Council Meetings?
Council Meetings are being held face to face at Council's Administration Building and people wishing to attend are required to register. A link to register is available here.
You can also see Council and Committee Meetings live streamed on Council's YouTube channel - simply search for Hawkesbury City Council on YouTube. Council provides the link to the specific meeting on its website and Facebook page prior to the start time on the day of the meeting. Council’s website Podcasts are posted on Council’s website approximately a week after the meeting.
7. How do I lodge my Development Application?
Before lodging, ensure you have completed the appropriate DA checklist, and provided the required plans and documents. Once you have all your documents ready you must lodge your application through the NSW Planning Portal. This is an online portal facilitated by the NSW Government where you can submit your DA to Council online. You will first need to create an account on the Portal as an applicant. For information on how to register for, and use the planning portal, see the NSW Planning Portal Quick Reference Guides.
8. Is the Hawkesbury City Waste Management Facility open?
The Hawkesbury City Waste Management Facility is open.
9. Will waste services and kerbside collection still be operating as usual?
Waste services are continuing to operate as usual as waste management is considered an essential service. All waste collections including general waste, recycling and organics will be collected as per the usual collection.
Residents are asked to place their bins out prior to 4am on the day of collection. Due to the current crisis, your bin collection may not be at the exact time as in the past, we ask that you leave your bin out and if you believe it has been missed please report this via our online form www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au/media/forms/bin-request or by calling our Customer Service Centre on (02) 4560 4444.
Kerbside collection is still operating, and we encourage our residents to use this service that is available at no additional cost to any of our residents who are paying for a waste service collection.
Past waste audits have found that only a small percentage of our residents book a yearly kerbside collection. Kerbside collections can be booked through Cleanaway by calling
1300 889 527. Further information can be on the Council website here.
10. How will Council help Hawkesbury businesses affected by the COVID-19 lockdown?
11. Are Council volunteer programs continuing as usual?
Volunteer activities are now operational.
12. Will Council still provide the opportunity for the community to have their say on projects going ahead in the Hawkesbury?
Yes. To have your say on Council projects that are proceeding, visit www.yourhawkesbury-yoursay.com.au
13. What support services are available to me?
Hawkesbury has a number of local support services that continue to work hard to assist locals in this challenging time. Visit here.
14. Is Council offering financial/rates relief?
Call Council on (02) 4560 4444 or visit our website.
15. Where can I get vaccinated?
Go to NSW Health’s vaccine information to book for a vaccine or to find locations for walk-in clinics
16. Do I need to wear mask?
Masks are mandatory indoors (but not in your home) and on all public transport.
If you have any concerns of community member breaching the current movement or social distancing rules, please call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
NSW Health website | Stay at home | Get tested | Get vaccinated | Authorised worker priority vaccine appointments | Test and isolate payment | >AUSLAN updates | Translated information from SBS | Health alert | Case numbers | Check your symptoms | School information | Gatherings and vulnerable groups | Messages from the Mayor | Fact sheets, videos and guidelines
Workers from LGAs of concern
If you live in a Local Government Area of concern and work in the Hawkesbury, or if you live in the Hawkesbury and work in an LGA of concern, this is important information to read:
From 12.01am Monday, 23 August the following new restrictions around authorised workers from the LGAs of concern will be introduced:
- Childcare workers and disability support workers who live or work in the LGAs of concern must have their first vaccination dose by 30 August;
- Authorised workers who work outside their LGA of concern are only permitted to work if rapid antigen testing is implemented at their work-site or they have had their first vaccination dose by 30 August.
From 12.01am Saturday, 28 August the following new restrictions around authorised workers from the LGAs of concern will be introduced:
- Authorised workers from the LGAs of concern are required to carry a permit from Service NSW declaring that they are an authorised worker and cannot work from home; and
- Anyone entering an LGA of concern for the purposes of work must carry a work permit issued by Service NSW.
From 12.01am Monday, 23 August, workers from the Canterbury-Bankstown, Cumberland and Fairfield LGAs will no longer have to have been tested for COVID-19 in the previous 72 hours to work outside their LGA.
Page ID: 189829