Lodging a Development Application (DA)

Changes to Integrated Development fees and payment

As of the 1st January 2020 legislative changes require that Council will no longer be able to accept a cheque for Government agency fees relating to Integrated development applications. Payment is now required to be made through the NSW Planning Portal.

As an applicant, if you are lodging an Integrated development application with Council, you will be required to create a NSW Planning Portal account.  Council will refer your development application to the relevant Government Agency through the NSW Planning Portal, after which you will be notified by email and requested to pay any required agency fees.

For more information on referral requirements and payment methods please see the NSW Government’s Planning Portal Website.

Key Steps in the Development Process

Key Steps in the Development Process

Step 1 – Do I need Council approval?Step 2 – Where do I seek advice?Step 3 – What information is required?Step 4 – How do I Lodge a DA?Step 5 – What happens next?Step 6 - AssessmentStep 7 – Approval or refusal?Step 8 – Can I appeal the decision?Step 9 – What other approvals do I need?Step 10 – What if I make Changes (after DA approval)?

Page ID: 64814