If you need assistance with your general enquiry about a building or development related matter then use Council’s free-of-charge Duty Officer Service. Our daily duty officer is a planning professional with expertise to answer your questions.
The Duty Planner's main function is to direct customers to relevant planning policies and provide basic preliminary advice.Such advice is provided in good faith and should not be relied on as any more than informal, general advice.
The Duty Planner will not:
- provide you with zoning information (for assistance with identifying zoning, please refer to our section on zoning)
- confirm what approval process is required (e.g. exempt, complying or development application)
- review plans or provide merit advice with regard to proposed building works (Council has a pre-lodgment advice that can be used for this purpose - fees apply)
The Duty Planning Service can be accessed via the following:
- Counter Enquiries – Council provides a "face-to-face" enquiry service (no appointment required) at the front counter of Council's Administration Centre in Windsor from 8.30am until 1pm Monday to Friday (except public holidays).
- Phone calls – During business hours you can phone in your enquiry via our call centre.
(02) 4560 4444. The Duty Officer will return your call within 2 business days .
- Letters/Emails – You can send us written correspondence and we aim to respond within 10 working days of receiving your enquiry
To assist you more efficiently please ensure you provide:
- your name and contact details
- the address and zoning of the property
- details about the nature of your enquiry and what you require from Council
Page ID: 59138