Unlawful Works

In the event that building works have been carried out without first obtaining approval, the landowner would need to seek development consent for the ongoing use of that building.

Council has developed a checklist to assist owners in the preparation of applications in this regard. The checklist is available here

In addition, a Building Information Certificate application must also be lodged at the same time. That application form may be found here

Additional matters may be required subject to inspection of the premises.

It is important to understand that provision of the information does not necessarily guarantee approval of the works..

Page ID: 6587