Business recovery information
- Disaster Recovery Payment
$1,000 per eligible adult and $400 per eligible child if your home has been severely damaged or destroyed, or you've been seriously injured.
- Disaster Recovery Allowance
Short-term income assistance (up to 13 weeks) if you've lost income as a direct result of the floods.
Disaster Relief Grant for Small Businesses - https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/transaction/apply-february-and-march-2022-storm-and-flood-disaster-recovery-small-business-grant
If you're a small business or a not-for-profit organisation in NSW and you've been directly impacted by storms and floods in February and March 2022, you may be eligible for a storm and flood disaster recovery small business grant.
This disaster recovery grant of up to $50,000 is to help pay for the costs of clean-up and reinstatement of a small business or not-for-profit organisation’s operations.
- Support in difficult times | Australian Taxation Office (ato.gov.au)
The ATO is offering assistance with meeting tax obligations for businesses impacted by floods. You can also phone the ATO Emergency support line on 1800 806 218 to see what support is available in your circumstances.
GRANTS FOR FARMERS, SMALL BUSINESSES AND NOT-FOR-PROFIT ORGANISATIONS
- The NSW and Australian Governments have announced Special Disaster Grants of up to $75,000 for primary producers who have been impacted by severe weather and flooding from February 2022 onwards.
- Disaster Relief Loans Disaster Relief Loans (nsw.gov.au)
Businesses in local government areas declared as disaster areas may be eligible for concessional loans from the NSW Government.
Small businesses – up to $130,000.
Not-for-profit organisations – up to $25,000.
Sporting clubs – up to $10,000.
Primary producers – up to $130,000 and transport subsidies up to $15,000.
- Disaster Recovery Assistance - Storm and flood assistance for businesses | Service NSW
If the recent floods have impacted your business, this tool can help you with information on clean up options, mental health support and more. You can also use the Disaster Assistance Finder – a simple online tool that gives you a personalised list of flood recovery services.
- Mediation support for commercial tenancies - NSW small business storms and flood support | Small Business Commissioner
If you're a retail or other commercial premises tenant, property agent or owner and unsure who is responsible for repairs caused by storm damage, check the terms of your lease agreement to understand repair obligations.
- Businesses can contact LawAccess NSW on 1300 888 529 to discuss legal support that may be available from Legal Aid NSW, Community Legal Centres and other free legal assistance services in your area.
Legal Aid NSW lawyers may be able to provide free legal advice to businesses affected by disasters on a range of issues including insurance, tenancy, credit and debt problems. Visit https://www.clcnsw.org.au/legal-help-flood-affected-communities-nsw-2022 more
- Guide to making an insurance claim The NSW Small Business Commissioner’s quick guide to making an insurance claim can help businesses through the claims process to get paid quickly and smoothly after a disaster or disruption.
Visit https://www.smallbusiness.nsw.gov.au/get-help/advocacy/quick-guidemaking-insurance-claims. Insurance Council of Australia The Insurance Council of Australia may be able to assist businesses who have queries relating to insurance.
Visit https://www.insurancecouncil.com.au/ or call 1800 734 621.
HELP FROM YOUR FINANCIAL INSTITUTION
- Flood-affected residents of New South Wales may also be granted loan deferrals or reduced payment arrangements by their financial institution for some business loans depending on their circumstances. Contact your financial institution for further details.
HELP FROM YOUR TELECOMMUNICATIONS PROVIDER
- Optus has announced a range of support for affected customers, including additional bonus data on eligible plans, free interim services for customer and business fixed internet customers affected by the floods.
Optus has set up a dedicated phone number for flood-affected customers: 1800 507 581 More information: https://optus.com.au/foryou/support/answer?id=20170
- Telstra has announced a disaster relief package for its residential and small business customers who have lost services following the severe storms and major flooding across eastern parts of New South Wales.
The package includes mobile call diversion, a boost to data and free calls as well as reconnection support to those impacted in the Northern NSW flood affected areas.
Call 1800 888 888 for more information or visit https://exchange.telstra.com.au/disaster-relief-for-our-flood-affected-customers-in-qld-and-northern-nsw/
GENERAL BUSINESS SUPPORT
The Business Concierge service offers ongoing, tailored help for NSW businesses impacted by storms and floods.
Business Connect provides professional advisors, all of whom have experience in running their own small business. They'll be able to help you with:
- Access to storms and floods support
- accessing finance including grants and loans
- connect to services and advice
You can book an appointment online at https://mybusiness.service.nsw.gov.au/concierge or call 13 77 88 Monday to Friday, 7am to 7pm
BUSINESS GUIDE TO RECOVERING FROM DISATER “Get back to business” by the NSW Small Business Commissioner is a step-bystep guide for business owners dealing with a disaster. The guide provides information to help businesses from the moment disaster hits, to the days, weeks and months ahead. Visit https://www.smallbusiness.nsw.gov.au/resources/get-back-businessguide-recovering-disaster to learn more or download a copy.
MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORT
There is 24/7 help available on the following numbers
- Lifeline 13 11 14
- Beyond Blue 1300 224 636
- NSW Mental Health Line – 1800 011 511
More information can be found here: https://www.smallbusiness.nsw.gov.au/get-help/mental-health/mental-health-small-business
LOCAL RECOVERY SUPPORT SERVICES
- Workplace Advice Line – 13 29 59
Free to all businesses within NSW for the next 4 weeks who have been impacted by the current flood disaster
Opening Hours - Monday – Friday 8.30am – 5.30pm
- Strengthening Business 13 28 46
Strengthening Business is a service under the AusIndustry Entrepreneurs’ Programme that connects you with experts to make your business stronger, more resilient and better prepared for the future
Opening Hours – Monday – Friday, 8am – 8pm across Australia
DONATE TIME – GIVIT
- Donate Time | Volunteer Services & Skills | Secure, Free Donation Website | Donate To Those In Need | Give Now (givit.org.au)
To help people affected by the severe storms and flooding across New South Wales, generous Australians are encouraged to donate money, items, skills and services online at www.GIVIT.org.au
GIVIT is working directly with Hawkesbury City Council, outreach teams, local charities and community groups to identify exactly what’s needed. GIVIT then meets those needs through its online warehouse, or by purchasing requested items locally using donated funds.
Page ID: 196899