Local recovery support services

Recovering from the impact of fires and flooding can take time. There are a range of local Recovery Services available to support you. What they offer and their contact details are listed. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you need a hand or to just to have a chat.

Who your local support services are:

Peppercorn Recovery Support Service: Peppercorn RSS provide a range of Flood Recovery Support services including information, emotional support, support to coordinate services and assistance to connect with other services. Phone: 02 4587 0225 or 02 4587 0222 or email

Winmalee Neighbourhood Centre Disaster Recovery: Providing practical and financial assistance (includes vouchers, assistance with utilities and No Interest Loans). Phone: 02 4754 4050 or

Salvos National Recovery Services: Assistance with spiritual, practical needs and goods. Phone: 1300 662 217 or visit

Money Care Financial advisors are able to support you if you are struggling financially. This link will allow you to find that support If you need immediate emergency relief, please call the Salvos Assessment Line (SAL) on 1300 371 288

Australian Red Cross Community Recovery: Public Information and Inquiry Centre (PIIC) in NSW to provide accurate, up-to-date general information to the public, and to also answer inquiries regarding the flood events which have impacted on the community 1800 227 228.

Department of Primary Industries (DPI): DPI Recovery Support for Primary Producers: Jamie 0407 910 221 or email

Catholic Care Social Services: Providing community-based services and emergency support. Phone: 8843 2545 or email

Council Community Recovery Team: Providing Community Support and Information.  Call 4560 4444 or email

Council Community Hubs Team: Providing face to face support at Bilpin, Colo Heights, Wilberforce and St Albans per schedule at 4560 4444 or email

Hawkesbury Landcare Network: Providing support to affected properties including advice on post-disaster land management and conservation. Phone: Katherine 0410616139 or email

NSW Health Bushfire and COVID 19 Trauma Recovery Team: Supporting your emotional wellbeing. Phone: Ross Jamieson 0429 011 134

Rural Mental Health Coordinator NBMLHD RAMHP: Information, support and referral for mental health and wellbeing Phone: Sonia 0448 125 676 or email or visit . In an emergency, please call 000 or the Mental Health Line on 1800 011 511

Step by Step Wellbeing Services: Wellbeing Counsellor Nicole 0490 670 682. Providing practical, emotional and holistic support for the whole family.

Nepean Blue Mountains Primary Health Network: Psychological Therapy Services: Up to 10 free sessions with a professional are available for people affected by disasters. Talk to your GP or visit

Business Chaplain – Offering support to business owners by helping them work through issues by being present to listen, support, encourage, assist, and care, empowering business people to seek and develop their own plans of action towards addressing their circumstances in recovery.
Rob McMaster 0408 209 356
Welfare Officer: Hawkesbury Chamber of Commerce

Windsor District Baptist Church Emergency Relief Incorporated:  Provide practical assistance for flood recovery and other disasters, (includes vouchers for Petrol, Food, Hardware and Dept store) assistance with utility bills, Electricity, Gas and Water bills.
Also operate Emergency Relief for community members finding it difficult all year round.
Contact by email:
Contact by phone: (02) 4572 6952 or (02) 4545 2824    Tuesday to Friday 10am to 1pm.

Hawkesbury Community Outreach Services – HCOS provides various support services for community members. These include but are not limited to, face to face support, food hampers, EAPA vouchers, casework, mental health & wellbeing support, information and referral services and connection to other community organisations in the area. Based in Kurrajong (North Richmond side of the river) and can assist people during actual flood event (or other natural disasters), as well as after and ongoing.
Please call 45732922 or 45731166

Where else to get help:

Service NSW are providing a one stop shop for people and businesses to access all available recovery services. People can call 13 77 88 or visit link) to access the assistance currently avaIlable. You can book an appointment with a Flood Recovery Customer Care specialist by calling 13 77 88.

Rural Assistance Authority: A range of assistance is available for primary producers, non profit organisations, landholders and small business operators through the Rural Assistance Authority or call 1800 678 593(External link)

Rural Aid supports and engages with farmers and rural communities to support farmers to recover from disasters when they occur. If you are a flood affected farmer, you may be eligible for some assistance. Rural Aid Financial Assistance – Rural Aid Farmers Assistance(External link) or call 1300 327 624.

Insurance: For advice on making an insurance claim, visit link) or phone the ICA hotline on 1800 734 621.

Legal Aid: For help with legal problems including insurance claims and disputes, financial hardship, tenancy and Centrelink, visit the Disaster Response Legal Service at link) or phone 1800 801 529

Banking Support: Most banks have a support package in place for small business, primary producers, individuals and households that have been flood affected. Contact your bank to see if you are eligible for grants that may cover:

Agricultural and Animal Services Hotline: For assistance with stock and the care of animals phone the Agricultural and Animal Services Hotline on 1800 814 647. The Department of Primary Industries (DPI) and Local Land Services (LLS) provide assistance to landholders and communities with animal welfare-related issues resulting from the floods

For Mental Health Support 24hours/7 days you can call: Lifeline on 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue on 1300 224 636 or the NSW Mental Health Line on 1800 011 511.

Page ID: 196895

Dark mode
High contrast