Guidelines for Fireworks Events

Fireworks displays can only be held with a pyrotechnicians license or fireworks (single use) licence issued by Workcover NSW.

The licensee must notify WorkCover and the local council of an intention to use any fireworks, distress signal or model rocket propellant device at least 7 working days before the fireworks, signal or device is to be used.

Licensees must include in their notification to Council a completed 'fireworks display checklist' available at the following link:

Persons responsible for arranging or operating a fireworks display must take all reasonable and practicable measures available to minimise noise impact.
Additional information can be found at or by contacting a Hawkesbury City Council Environmental Health Officer on (02) 4560 4444

Page ID: 11873