Food Complaints

Council can investigate complaints regarding unhygienic practices such as an unclean premises, poor hygiene, poor food handling or adulterated food. Council's Environmental Health Officer should be contacted on (02) 4560 4444 should you have concerns about any of the above issues.

Food borne illness

All complaints of illness suspected to be related to food should be referred to the NSW Food Authority on 1300 552 406.The Authority will log and assess the complaint and may forward the complaint to Council for further investigations.

More information on the complaint investigation process is available from the food authorities website.

Page ID: 1577