Home Food Businesses

Food may be prepared in the home for sale at markets, school canteens or as part of a bed and breakfast establishment.

If you prepare or are thinking about preparing food in the home you should contact Council's Environmental Health Officer on (02) 4560 4444 to discuss your responsibilities.

If you operate a home food business you will need to provide notification of your business to the NSW food authority. You can notify your business online at www.foodnotify.nsw.gov.au. Notification of your business with the NSW Food Authority is free where notification is done using the online method.

Home Based Food Businesses Fact Sheet

Home based food businesses must also be registered with Council. This can be done by completing the Application for food premises registration form.

Page ID: 8259