Land Management Plans
Hawkesbury City Council prepares Plans of Management for the following classifications of open space:
- Community Land (in accordance with the Local Government Act)
- Crown Land (in accordance with the Crown Lands Act) as required
- Redbank Precinct Community Land Plan of Management (PDF - 5MB)
What are Plans of Management?
An essential management tool, Plans of management:
- Are co-ordinated by Council in consultation with the community
- Identify the important features of the land
- Clarify how Council will manage the land, and in particular
- Indicate how the land may be used or developed
A plan of Management may be site specific, it may cover a number of parks within a locality, or it may be a generic plan that covers many parcels of land with a similar trait or character – for example, a natural area, sports ground or general park.
What is the process for writing a Plan of Management?
- Community Engagement – consultation with park neighbours, user groups, aboriginal groups and general members of the community is undertaken by a variety of means and may include a meeting, workshop, drop-in session and/or an online survey.
- Development of a Draft Plan of Management document that considers community feedback. A Masterplan may also be included which illustrates the proposed future development of the park.
- Consideration and approval of the Draft Plan of Management by Council (and Minister for Crown Lands if required).
- Public Exhibition of the draft Plan of Management for a period of at least 42 days. Following receipt of submissions, Council analyses the submissions received and a report is tabled
- Revise the Plan if required, based on submissions received. If major changes are made, the process goes back to step 3.
- Council adopts Final Plan of Management. The Plan is made available to the public
- Monitor and Review Plan and implement where funds permit
Which Open Space have Plans of Management?
Completed Park Plans of Management
- Smith Park Pughs Lagoon
- Yarramundi Reserve
- Argyle Bailey Reserve
- Charles Kemp Reserve
- Ham Common
- McQuade Park
- Redbank Precinct, including Peek Park
- Richmond Park
- Streeton Lookout
- Woodbury Reserve
- Windsor Foreshore Parks
Completed Conservation Management Plans / Cultural Heritage Reports
- McQuade Park
- Richmond Park
- Wilberforce Park
- Wilberforce Cemetery
- Yarramundi Reserve Cultural Heritage Report
- Singleton's Reserve
Vegetation Management Plans
Generic Plans of Management for Community Lands
The Community Land Generic Plans of Management outline the permitted uses and activities within the parks and reserves of the Hawkesbury and management actions that Council will endeavour to undertake.
Four Generic Plans of Management have been developed in accordance with the Local Government Act 1993. These Plans address management issues and strategies for parks and reserves that fall into the categories of Natural Area, Sportsground, Park and General Community Use.
- Generic Plan of Management - General Community Use
- Generic Plan of Management - Natural Area
- Generic Plan of Management - Parks
- Generic Plan of Management - Sportsground
The common appendices for the above plans can be found below:
- Community Land Generic Plan of Management - Appendix 1 - Schedule of Lands
- Parks Generic Plans of Management - Appendix 2 - Community Land Category Maps:
(Note these files are large and may take some time to download)
- Community Land Generic Plan of Management - Appendix 2a - Community Land Category Maps (Parks 1-40)
- Community Land Generic Plan of Management - Appendix 2b - Community Land Category Maps (Parks 41-79)
- Community Land Generic Plan of Management - Appendix 2c - Community Land Category Maps (Parks 80-124)
- Community Land Generic Plan of Management - Appendix 2d - Community Land Category Maps (Parks 125-170)
- Community Land Generic Plan of Management - Appendix 2e - Community Land Category Maps (Parks 171-216)
- Community Land - Generic Plan of Management - Appendix 3 - leases, licences and other estates
- Community Land Generic Plan of Management - Appendix 4 - Documents Relating to the Management of Specific Parks and Reserves
For further information please contact the Parks and Recreation section:
- By mail: PO Box 146,Windsor NSW 2756
- By fax: (02) 4587 7740
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Page ID: 1211