'E-waste' includes electronic equipment such as computers, televisions and printers. Its disposal in Australia is a significant problem as we have a fast uptake and turnover of electronic products. When e-waste is dumped in our landfills the materials and chemical components used to make computer equipment such as lead, mercury, cadmium and arsenic can leach into and harm our environment.
Reuse before recycle. If your computer equipment is still in working order donate your computer to:
- TADNSW (Technical Aid to the Disabled NSW) who refurbish donated computers, giving them a new life and supplying them to people with a disability. At a minimum the computer should be a Pentium 4 and 17inch LCD. Located in Northmead. Phone: 1300 663 243 and choose option 1. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Computer Technologies for Schools Project (CTFS) is a national project aimed at providing surplus Information and Communications Technology (ICT) equipment to government and non-government schools around Australia. The project sources ICT equipment from the public and private sector and arranges distribution to schools. Phone 0428 250 392 or email email@example.com
Can you sell your computer or TV, or give it away (if reusable) to charity, such as:
Ring first for details – conditions & prices vary:
- Drop off your old TVs at Hawkesbury City Council Waste Management Facility (The Driftway, South Windsor) for free or at the TechCollect Centre, Marsden Park (920 Richmond Road, Marsden Park) which is also a free service.
- TechCollect: Recycle your old computers AND accessories, printers and TVs for free. Check the website for sites close to you. Phone – 1300 229 837 or email.
- A&C Recycling Services - 33-37 Plasser Crescent, North St Marys, Phone - 1800 502 468. Open Monday to Friday 7.00am to 4.30pm and Saturdays 7.00am - 2.00pm (accepts all electronic waste however fees apply for monitors and televisions)
- I.T Recycling, Penrith City Auctions, main deposit site – Unit 1/4 Morley Avenue, Kingswood, Phone - 0431 025 720. Accept small amounts and single items, they can be dropped in between 9.00am and 2.00pm Monday to Friday.
- 1800ewaste: A pick up service for the collection and recycling of computers, televisions, printers, photocopiers, scanners, keyboards, electric toys etc. Call 1800 392 783 for quote or to arrange a collection or email for an online estimate. Fees apply
For more information:
- Visit Recycling NearYou or call 1300 733 712
Page ID: 35736