15 March 2018
From the Mayor's Desk
- Our staff and volunteers at Hawkesbury Companion Animal Shelter do a great job and they’ve been flat out this week with an influx of cats.
If you’re looking for an independent, easy to care for pet, you could think about a getting cat from our Shelter rather than a pet shop, and the great news is that cats are currently at a discounted price.
Hawkesbury City Council receives cats from the four local government areas of Penrith, Hornsby, Hills and of course, Hawkesbury.
Our Shelter staff are always happy to talk with you and answer any questions you may have about caring for cats or what individual cats’ personalities are like to find one that suits you.
For Shelter opening hours and more information, please call the Shelter on 4560 4644 or visit www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au and click on the Animal Shelter link to see the photo gallery. The Hawkesbury Companion Animal Shelter is located at 10 Mulgrave Road, Mulgrave and is open every day of the week.
- Have you hear about the micro music micro music festival coming up on Saturday, 24 March at Richmond? Dubbed ‘Live and Local Music Hawkesbury’, the micro music festival for Richmond will be held on Saturday, 24 March. I hope to see you there!
The Richmond program
- Rotunda in Richmond Park – Macquarie Towns Brass - 10am then roaming
- Paull's Richmond Mowers, 293 Windsor Street – The Belle Trio – gigs between 10am-12:30pm
- Crazies Café, 334 Windsor Street – Dani Madeline, Abbey Gardner, Amy Nelson – gigs between 10:30am-2pm
- Café Relish, 229 Windsor Street – Macquarie Towns String Quartet featuring Chelsea Routley – gigs between 11am-2pm
- The Right Bite Café, 219 Windsor Street – The Quokkas – gigs between 11am-1:30pm
- Park Mall Richmond, 209-211 Windsor Street – WomanSong, Hawkesbury Song Company, Chorella – gigs between 10:15am-1pm
- Feel the Steel Tattoo, 187a Windsor Street – Sharon White, Chloe – gigs between 10:30am-1pm
- McDonalds Richmond, 69 March Street – Empty Fish Tank, Divinia Eather, Bella Luchetti, TRU’ – gigs between 10:30am-2pm
Nominations for the 2018 Hawkesbury Sports Awards are now open and I urge you to nominate a well deserving sports person in our community. Proudly brought to you by Hawkesbury City Council and Lynwood Country Club, the awards acknowledge sporting accomplishments of community members as well as the contributions of individuals to sporting clubs through support roles.
Nominations are invited for one or more of the nine categories:
- Sports Person of the Year
- Junior Sports Person of the Year
- Senior Sports Person of the Year
- All Abilities Sports Person of the Year
- Team of the Year
- Official of the Year
- Coach of the Year
- Sporting Excellence Medallion
- Service to Sport Medallion.
Council has recognised hundreds of members of our sporting community for over ten years, and our Sports Awards Program has improved and evolved to reflect the high standards of our sportspeople. I encourage coaches, volunteers, team players and individual competitors of all ability levels to apply.
The online nominations form and criteria are now available on Council’s website http://www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au/media/forms/australia-sports-awards-nomination-form
Nominations for the 2018 Hawkesbury Sports Awards close 5pm on Wednesday, 4 April 2018. Lynwood Country Club, Pitt Town will host a Presentation Dinner on Monday, 21 May 2018. More details will be available closer to the date. For further information, please call Council’s Events and Community Engagement Coordinator on 4560 4404.
Page ID: 106131