24 August 2017
From the Mayor's Desk
- In partnership with St Albans Writers’ Festival, Hawkesbury Library Service is providing a Getting Published workshop for all aspiring authors on Saturday, 26 August, from 10am to midday. Published writer and editor Nigel Bartlett will provide aspiring authors with practical advice on getting published; how the publishing industry works, agents, how to make submissions and the value of writers groups and networking. His debut novel, King of the Road, was published by Penguin Random House in 2015 and he is currently working on his next novel.
The workshop is $30, payable at time of booking. Bookings are essential via www.hawkesburylibrary.eventbrite.com or phone (02) 4560 4460. This workshop will be held in the Tebbutt Room, Deerubbin Centre, 300 George Street Windsor.
The annual St Albans Writers’ Festival will be held from Friday, 8 September to Sunday, 10 September. For full program details about the festival and to book your festival tickets, go to www.stalbanswritersfestival.com.au
- The fourth Hawkesbury Art Fair will be held at Hawkesbury Regional Gallery from Friday, 8 September to Sunday, 8 October.
This Fair is a chance for local artists to sell their work, and for residents and visitors to buy original art from the region’s best-known and accomplished artists.
I invite you all to come along to the official opening at 6pm on Friday, 8 September.
The fair will feature the best traditional and contemporary artists, designers and crafters living and working in the Hawkesbury, as well as guest artists and students from Penrith and Blue Mountains. All work will be for sale so you can buy some local art to take home or as a beautiful gift for family and friends.
- I was thrilled to read exciting stories to a group of happy children at the Hawkesbury’s fifth Annual Children’s Festival ‘Party with Puddles’ in North Richmond recently. Around 250 people attended, with over 100 children, their parents, grandparents, child carers, and visitors enjoying the event.
Facilitated by Paint Hawkesbury REaD with North Richmond Community Centre as the lead agency for the program, Colo High School students and staff did a great job as the wonderful volunteers on the day.
The Party with Puddles, our Reading Mascot, is designed to raise awareness about the positive effects of reading, singing, rhyming, talking and playing with children during their early developmental years, while at the same time giving parents plenty of ideas about activities they can do with their children with very little effort or cost.
For more information about Paint the Town REaD, visit https://www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au/library/kids/paint-the-town-read or call Hawkesbury Library Service on 4560 4460.
Recently Council has been hearing from ratepayers about their rates and the related land values of their properties. To help all ratepayers understand their recent land revaluations, how their land value has been determined, and the way land value affects rates, Hawkesbury City Council is holding a Community Information Session with representatives from the Valuer General of NSW.
Council staff have organised this opportunity for ratepayers so that they can bring along their questions about land valuation. I encourage you all to come along to the Community Information Session to get more information. It will be held on Wednesday, 30 August 2017 from 6:30pm at Windsor Function Centre, 2 Dight Street, Windsor. No RSVP required.
Please bring along your land valuation notice and any questions you may have. Ratepayers can make further enquiries about land values by contacting Valuation Services Property NSW on 1800 110 038 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Hawkesbury rate notices were sent with a series of flyers which explained the changes on your Rates notice. Each of these flyers
- Hawkesbury City Council is improving stormwater management
- Hawkesbury City Council - Know your rates
- Newsletter from the NSW Valuer General
- Deferral of FESL
are available electronically at http://www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au/council/business-with-council/know-your-rates and this link also has more information about rates and annual charges.
Page ID: 98013