Baling for Farmers
Hawkesbury City Council is committed to assisting drought affected farmers in the Hawkesbury.
There are many stories of local farmers being impacted by the drought, and offering silage at a discounted rate to our local farmers is one practical way Council can assist.
At the Council meeting held on 11 September 2018, Council committed to support local farmers by selling all of the lucerne silage rolls produced at its McGraths Hill Treatment Plant over the next 6 months to local Hawkesbury farmers for $48 a roll. This pricing represents a significant subsidy by Council on these rolls in recognition of the adverse circumstances that many of our primary producers currently face.
Council is encouraging local Hawkesbury Farmers to register through an Expression of Interest to buy silage bales. To be eligible to buy the silage bales farmers must be:
- A local Hawkesbury Farmer who owns or works a property in the Hawkesbury Local Government Area
- Registered with the Australian Tax Office as a primary producer
- Committed to using the silage rolls for Hawkesbury stock and not on selling to a third party
- Responsible for picking up the bales from the McGraths Hills Treatment Plant using own transport
- Available to pick up the bales during the nominated time period.
Farmers are encouraged to consult with a vet to ensure the suitability of the silage for their livestock.
It is anticipated that the lucerne will be cut monthly and that silage bales will be available once a month from October 2018 through to April 2019. Payment for the bales will be required prior to collection.
Council will assess each of the EOI’s received and contact you shortly regarding availability of silage bales.
For more details visit www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au or call Council’s Customer Service on (02) 4560 4444.
Page ID: 117513