In May 2017, the Commonwealth Department of Defence commenced a detailed environmental investigation into the presence of Per- and Poly-Fluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) on and in the vicinity of RAAF Base Richmond.
Since that time the Commonwealth Department of Defence have completed a:
- Preliminary Site Investigation
- Detailed Site Investigation A copy of the report can be downloaded from the publications page.
- Human Health Risk Assessment and Ecological Risk Assessment In response to the findings of the Detailed Site Investigation, the Commonwealth Department of Defence carried out a Human Health Risk Assessment and Ecological Risk Assessment. These studies evaluate potential exposure pathways to people, plants and animals and will be used to inform potential actions to reduce PFAS exposure.
A copy of the reports can be found at PFAS Reports
A community forum was held in Windsor on 7th November 2018 and further meetings are anticipated in 2019
Additional Information can be obtained from:
- The Commonwealth Department of Health
- The Commonwealth Department of the Environment
- The NSW State Environment Protection Authority
RAAF Base Richmond
Page ID: 120087