Promoting Hawkesbury's history/heritage events and groups
- Community Directory - Is your history/cultural group a local community group or organisation? If yes, is it listed in Hawkesbury City Council’s Community Directory? If not, you will find the Community Directory Listing Form online. The Cultural Organisations in the Hawkesbury section lists community-based visual and performing arts groups as well as facilities. Thirty three councils in NSW share this database so your listing will have a wide reach.
- Online Events calendar - Hawkesbury City Council has an events calendar on its homepage. Hawkesbury events can be listed on this by completing the Event Calendar Request Form.
- Email your event information to community radio station, Hawkesbury Radio email@example.com
- Send your information and good quality images to mainstream media outlets, as well as use social media platforms.
- Submit your event news to the Hawkesbury Gazette for inclusion in the Community Diary.
Dr Rex Stubbs OAM History Symposium
The annual history symposium is an information sharing and networking opportunity for members of all Hawkesbury Local Government Area historical societies and heritage groups, as well as those in immediate environs. It provides the opportunity for the representatives of groups to broaden their knowledge of trends in local and family history, heritage and collection management and to hear about projects that other organisations are focusing on. Dr Rex Stubbs OAM History Symposium
If you want to immerse yourself in the European history of the Hawkesbury area there are a number of self-guided walking and driving trails to explore. Click here.
For a listing of significant cemeteries in the Hawkesbury click here.
Resources and websites you might find useful
- The Family and local history resources section of the Hawkesbury Library Service website provides a wide range of research resources.
- Links to related websites, including historical societies, can be found in the Related sites sections of Hawkesbury Library Service’s Local history resources and Family history resources pages.
- Museums & Galleries of NSW for a range of information as well as grants for volunteer museums.
- Museums Galleries Australia (MA) is the national association and peak advocacy body representing museums and galleries. It is also a service and professional development organisation.
For information on local museums in the Hawkesbury region go to the Heritage / museums section of the Discover the Hawkesbury website.
State Government museums
Page ID: 106488