Live and Local Music Hawkesbury – Richmond gig guide
Richmond will resonate with the music of Western Sydney performers on Saturday, 24 March. The line-up will include:
- Bella Luchetti, a 16 year old singer, songwriter and musician from the Blue Mountains. An emerging vocalist and guitarist, she has performed at the Sydney Blues and Roots Festival. Her musical influences include Nina Simone, Bob Dylan and Jeff Buckley.
- The Quokkas, a three piece cover band from the Blue Mountains. They will play a selection of songs from the last 60 years and more.
- Sharon White, a singer songwriter from Riverstone. Sharon will perform country folk, with a twist of blues and rock.
- TRU’ (Sara Tamim) from Lalor Park. Sara began songwriting and picked up singing and guitar at a very young age. She is now experimentally creating music under a different alias and a new haunting and more mature ambience runs within her electronic tracks.
- WomanSong, a local Hawkesbury singing group based in Richmond for any woman or girl who loves to sing. According to Music Director, Suze Pratten, singing is a fundamental aspect of human expression: “it’s a basic human birth right and everyone can sing”. Their motto is ‘Laugh, Sing, Belong’.
The Mayor of Hawkesbury, Councillor Mary Lyons-Buckett encourages everyone to come along to Richmond to experience the music.
“The Richmond micro music festival has been made possible thanks to a successful application by Hawkesbury City Council for a Live and Local Music grant of $20,000,” the Mayor said.
“The aim is to connect local businesses with local musicians from Western Sydney, including the Hawkesbury.
“Council is paying local musicians and a music curator with this funding, and I’m sure our residents and visitors will enjoy it,” she said.
“Our businesses will also appreciate, and benefit from, our community support.”
The Richmond program
- Rotunda in Richmond Park – Macquarie Towns Brass – 10am then roaming
- Paull's Richmond Mowers, 293 Windsor Street – The Belle Trio – gigs between 10am-12:30pm
- Crazies Café, 334 Windsor Street – Dani Madeline, Abbey Gardner, Amy Nelson – gigs between 10:30am-2pm
- Café Relish, 229 Windsor Street – Macquarie Towns String Quartet featuring Chelsea Routley – gigs between 11am-2pm
- The Right Bite Café, 219 Windsor Street – The Quokkas – gigs between 11am-1:30pm
- Park Mall Richmond, 209-211 Windsor Street – WomanSong, Hawkesbury Song Company, Chorella – gigs between 10:15am-1pm
- Feel the Steel Tattoo, 187a Windsor Street – Sharon White, Chloe – gigs between 10:30am-1pm
- McDonalds Richmond, 69 March Street – Empty Fish Tank, Divinia Eather, Bella Luchetti, TRU’ – gigs between 10:30am-2pm
Kurrajong will also host a ‘Live and Local Music Hawkesbury’ micro music festival on Saturday, 14 April. For more information about the Richmond and Kurrajong micro music festivals, visit the What’s On section of the Discover the Hawkesbury website www.discoverthehawkesbury.com.au
Page ID: 106289