Jazz in the Park helps celebrate 25 years of the Kurrajong Community Forum
Come along for a wonderful evening of ‘Jazz in the Park’ at Kurrajong Memorial Park on Saturday, 10 November 2018 from 5pm to 9pm. The event will also be a celebration of 25 years of the Kurrajong Community Forum, a wonderful accomplishment for a small community group.
Proudly sponsored by Hawkesbury City Council and Bendigo Bank, Kurrajong Community Forum will present this special outdoor concert for everyone to enjoy.
Kurrajong Community Forum has embraced this outdoor concert as a chance to bring the village to life with free entertainment while also nurturing a strong sense of community.
The evening will open with a performance by Daphne Webb, who is a local school student from Arndell College. Daphne will perform pieces which she prepared for her final Higher School Certificate.
As a talented student with a promising future, Daphne hopes to pursue a career in Medicine or to attend the Sydney Conservatorium of Music.
The second performance will be a professional young band who graduated recently from the Sydney Conservatorium of Music, the Emily Rose Sarkova trio.
Hawkesbury residents and friends are also encouraged to bring a picnic to enjoy in the park. There will also be food available at the event and Kurrajong businesses will also be open to provide food and drink options for visitors.
The Kurrajong Memorial Park, located on Old Bells Line of Road, is family friendly with play equipment for children. Kurrajong Community Forum encourages people of all ages to come along and enjoy a warm spring evening with jazz music, food and fun for all.
Over 25 years, the Kurrajong Community Forum has contributed to the development of a vibrant local community, with its many achievements including:
- In 1993, some of the Kurrajong community became divided between community and business owners, following a development application for a hotel in the village and its subsequent rejection. Some locals united and held a healing meeting at Camp McKay when it was decided to start a formal group.
- The incorporated organisation was at that time called the Kurrajong Community and Small business Forum Inc. The name has since been simplified to Kurrajong Community Forum Inc
- Activities and events organised by the Forum have included
- Scarecrow Festival
- Working bees to tidy up the village carpark
- Gardening in Memorial Park
- Fund raising (including garage sales and designer clothing sales) for shade sails in the playground
- Several ‘Jazz in the Park’ Concerts
- Meet the candidates - Federal, State and Council Elections
- Information nights on developments that affect the community such as the Redbank Development
- Working with Council to invest in the village - major achievements have been foot paths, village street furniture and a major upgrade to Memorial Park
- Advocacy for the village, over issues affecting residents, for example water, sewer inappropriate development etc.
For further details, contact Kurrajong Community Forum President Fiona Smith on 0413 191 213 or email email@example.com Also follow the latest updates on the Kurrajong Community Forum Facebook page www.facebook.com/KurrajongCommunityForum
Page ID: 120092