Tech Savvy Seniors – Smartphones, Apps and Online Safety
Does using the internet baffle you? Do you have difficulties using smartphones and apps? If so, then come along to the free ‘Tech Savvy Seniors’ workshops being offered by Hawkesbury Library Service during September and October.
- Introduction to smart phones/tablets
Thursday, 5 September 12:45pm-3pm at Hawkesbury Central Library
Friday, 13 September 10am-12:15pm at Hawkesbury Central Library
- Making the most of your retirement
Thursday, 19 September 12:45pm-3pm at Hawkesbury Central Library
- Scams awareness and online shopping
Thursday, 26 September 1:45pm-3pm at Hawkesbury Central Library
- Books and reading on your smartphone/tablet
Thursday, 17 October 12:45pm-3pm at Hawkesbury Central Library
In these upcoming workshops, you will:
- get started using your smartphone or tablet
- gain skills and confidence using your device to read and borrow books and
- learn how to spot and avoid common scams.
These workshops are available for Library members. If you are not a member, you can join for free at the library. Participants must bring their own smartphone or tablet. Bookings are essential by calling (02) 4560 4460.
Sessions will be held at Hawkesbury Central Library, 300 George Street, Windsor.
Tech Savvy Seniors is an initiative of the NSW Ageing Strategy and is funded through a partnership between the NSW Government and Telstra, and with the assistance and participation of the Hawkesbury Library Service.
Page ID: 135092