New green waste disposal for Hawkesbury residents
Any Hawkesbury residents who have been affected by the bush fires can dispose of trailer loads of green waste to the Hawkesbury Waste Management Facility for $5 per trailer, ute or car rather than the usual $143 per tonne charge, until 31 January 2020.
Fire affected residents can drop off their green waste at the Hawkesbury City Waste Management Facility at 1 The Driftway, South Windsor.
Some conditions apply:
- Only green waste/vegetation that is not contaminated can be disposed Green waste needs to fit into a standard box trailer, ute or car and loaded no higher than 1.2m high
- Cost of disposal is $5 per load rather than $143 per tonne
- Residents are permitted to dispose of as many loads as required until 31 January 2020
- Normal green waste collections also remain in operation
- Residents only - proof required
- No mixed loads
- No palm fronds, tree stumps, logs over 300mm diameter
There are no changes to the garbage and garden organics bin collection services. Recycling collections will be weekly from 23 December until they return to normal fortnightly collections from Monday, 6 January 2020. The recycling bin collection calendar is available on Council’s website www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au
Community members can also use the Return and Earn program to recycle extra bottles and cans. Bottles and cans may be redeemed for 10 cents through the Return and Earn program. To find your closest drop off point visit https://returnandearn.org.au
For further information, please call Council’s Customer Service team on 4560 4444 or visit Council’s website on www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au
Page ID: 141233