New cycleway connections and completed works
A multi-staged cycleway project which connects Rifle Range Road, Bligh Park through to Berger Road Reserve, South Windsor (near Snailham Crescent) has now been extended between Berger Road Reserve and Stewart Street, South Windsor.
Thanks to the latest extension, the cycleway now spans 1.8 kilometres, the Mayor of Hawkesbury, Councillor Barry Calvert said.
“Members of our cycling community, and our community in general, will all be pleased to know that we have further extended our local cycleway network,” the Mayor said.
“Council has continued completing cycleway sections every year as part of the Hawkesbury’s cycleway network under the Operational Plan.”
Council’s 2019/2020 Draft Operational Plan has flagged a further extension for the cycleway in 2020.
Cycleways are popular with sporting and recreational cyclists, as well as for short trips such as children riding to school, social cycling, trips to the local shops and for people who are able to ride to work.
Council has also recently completed major works which include resealing and rehabilitating roads, upgrading local parks and sporting facilities.
- Spinks Road, Glossodia - rehabilitation work on Spinks Road from Kurmond Road to 600 metres north of Currency Creek
- Colonial Drive, Bligh Park - asphalt rehabilitation
Completed footpath renewal
- George Street, Windsor - footpath renewal between Catherine and Johnston Street (northern side)
Tennis court upgrades
- Colo Heights
- Pitt Town
- St Albans
- McMahon Park, Kurrajong - footpath and maintenance work on the car park
Road upgrade and footpath renewal
- Teviott Street, Richmond
- Old Stock Route Road/Wolseley Road, Oakville Intersection
- Church Street Reserve, South Windsor - inclusive play space
- Skate Park upgrade, Clarendon
- Hawkesbury Companion Animal Shelter, Mulgrave
- 12 locations throughout the Hawkesbury - new solar panel installations to improve sustainability outcomes by saving energy and reducing Council’s carbon footprint
- Ham and Macquarie Street intersection, South Windsor - piping an open channel drain on the eastern side of Macquarie Street
Page ID: 129954