Light Up Windsor 2019
Light Up Windsor Street Fair will once again take over the Windsor Town Centre on Saturday, 23 November from 5pm to 9:30pm in partnership with Windsor Business Group.
Windsor will light up with a magnificent light display featuring on historic buildings throughout the Windsor Mall. Immerse yourself in the Christmas spirit - experience and capture special moments with your family and friends under the beautiful lights.
The free community event will stretch from George Street, Windsor and through Windsor Mall. This year, event goers will also be entertained with a magnificent light display, which will be featured on historic buildings.
The Master of Ceremonies will be popular TV host, journalist and actor Candice Dixon. The Mayor of Hawkesbury, Councillor Barry Calvert will also launch the Mayoral Christmas Appeal at the event. Free parking will be available at Governor Phillip Park, Windsor.
Free activities will include:
- brand new Snow Zone - Windsor’s Winter Wonderland
- free face painting - including face painting that glows under UV lights
- free craft activities – by the Hawkesbury Remakery and the Alphabet Academy
- live performance and meet and greet by Children’s Group ‘Jitterbugs’ at 6pm
- live school and community group performances - by The Beanies
- over 50 market stalls – buy your Christmas gifts
- Windsor’s local restaurant, pubs, eateries and shops will be open with ‘Light Up Windsor Specials’
- roving entertainment from 6pm
- post your letter to Santa at the North Pole Post box located near Thai 89
- meet Santa and his merry helpers
- lighting of the Christmas Tree at 8:45pm.
Council and Windsor Business Group have secured over 50 stalls and local entertainers for this year's event, which is sure to be a fantastic community event in the lead up to Christmas, with plenty of free entertainment, markets and the lighting of the Christmas Tree by the Mayor.
More than 5000 people attended the 2018 event, and the Windsor Business Group vice president Gae Kelly expects numbers at this year's Light Up Windsor to be even greater.
"Light Up Windsor has been going for about a decade now and it's bigger and better every year, with more sponsors and stallholders and new entertainment,” Ms Kelly said.
The Windsor Business Christmas Decoration competition will also run again with the winner receiving a $500 advertising package, so it’s time for Windsor businesses to start planning Christmas displays in Windsor for their chance to win!
Hawkesbury Regional Museum will open on the night from 5pm-9pm especially for Light Up Windsor.
Infrastructure NSW and the SES will have a light display featured on the walls of the Museum, so make sure you take a stroll to the Museum to check it out.
People interested in staying in touch with updates about the 2019 Light Up Windsor event can go to www.facebook.com/hawkesburyevents
Hawkesbury City Council is proud to be working in partnership with Windsor Business Group for this event, assisted by event sponsors Windsor RSL and Wildbunch Florist Windsor.
Page ID: 138533