Public Exhibition of the Draft Structure Plan for the Kurmond - Kurrajong Investigation Area
The Draft Structure Plan for the Kurmond - Kurrajong Investigation Area will be on exhibition for public comment from Friday, 27 September until Thursday, 7 November 2019.
Community consultation is a vital part of the planning process and submissions from community members are welcome.
The Draft Structure Plan is a comprehensive study of the Kurmond - Kurrajong Investigation Area and provides a framework to guide land use planning.
The Structure Plan has been created to ensure reasonable opportunities are identified for rural living, whilst ensuring that the local environmental values, biodiversity, landscape, rural and scenic character of the area is maintained. The Structure Plan will also provide greater certainty and confidence for property owners, developers and other investors about development in the Investigation Area.
The Structure Plan aims to:
- Provide rural living opportunities in close proximity to existing Kurrajong and Kurmond neighbourhood centres that will maintain and protect the significant biodiversity, landscape, scenic and rural character of the area
- Prevent subdivision development and land use that would have adverse implications on the quality of groundwater and surface water resources in the Investigation Area
- Ensure that subdivisions and development comply with the current standards for fire management and protection of people, biodiversity and property and
- Protect the visual landscape, amenity and rural character of the Investigation Area.
The Draft Structure Plan is available for viewing from Friday, 27 September until Thursday, 7 November 2019
at Council’s Administration Building, 366 George Street, Windsor from 8:30am to 5pm Monday to Friday, and may also be viewed online and downloaded by visiting Council’s community engagement site at www.yourhawkesbury-yoursay.com.au
You can have your say about the draft exhibition plan using any of the following methods:
- Online: by completing an online submission via Your Hawkesbury Your Say
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: PO Box 146, Windsor NSW 2756.
For more information, please contact Council's Manager, Strategic Planning on 4560 4444 or by email email@example.com
Submissions may be included in Council’s meeting Business Paper. Any personal information is subject to Council’s Privacy Management Plan and the Government Information (Public Access) Act, 2009. The inclusion of personal information in your submission is voluntary but, if not provided, may affect consideration of the submission. The information will ultimately be stored in Council’s records system.
Page ID: 138304