Emergency Preparedness Week
Emergency Preparedness Week is 31 August to 6 September 2020 and Hawkesbury City Council is encouraging the Hawkesbury community to get prepared!
An informative project page has been set up at Council’s community engagement website Your Hawkesbury Your Say at www.yourhawkesbury-yoursay.com.au with everything you need to know on how to get prepared.
During Emergency Preparedness Week, get connected with Council’s Facebook page www.facebook.com/hawkesburycitycouncil to see:
- mental health Information
- one on one REDiPlan session hosted by Peppercorn
- video message from Commander Jim Stewart on behalf of Hawkesbury Local Area Command
- prize competition – what are your top five things to take in an emergency?
- download a REDiPlan www.redcross.org.au/your-rediplan
- Rural Fire Service Thank you Civic Receptions – three to be held on Thursday, 3 September
- Get Prepared App getprepared.app.link/Hawkesbury_City_Council
- State Emergency Services and Rural Fire Service videos, links and helpful documents
- preparing your pets, farm animals and land.
Council encourages all community members to prepare and stay safe in a disaster or a time of crisis by downloading and completing an emergency plan on the Get Prepared app which is available at getprepared.app.link/Hawkesbury_City_Council and keep your emergency plan close to hand.
Get Prepared is a free and easy to use, one-stop tool to help you prepare for any type of emergency. You can:
- establish a quick and easy network of support with your three key contacts
- review the risks relevant to where you live
- create checklists of actions to make an emergency plan
- save the emergency plan as a PDF to be printed and shared with others.
Hawkesbury City Council is a participating Council of the Resilient Sydney initiative. Council is promoting the Get Prepared App, as part of the Red Cross Emergency Preparedness Week which will assist to prepare the Hawkesbury community for emergencies through the development of personal emergency plans.
Page ID: 159432