Emergency Preparedness Week 31 August to 6 September 2020
This week is Emergency Preparedness Week – 31 August to 6 September 2020. Throughout this week, Hawkesbury City Council is encouraging the Hawkesbury community to get prepared in the event of an emergency.
Emergencies can strike at anytime, anywhere and without warning. The good news is, it's easy to protect yourself, the people you love and the things you value most.
Council has created a One Stop Shop on its 'Your Hawkesbury Your Say' community consultation page www.yourhawkesbury-yoursay.com.au/epweek which has important information, links, videos and documents that will help you to GET READY.
During Emergency Preparedness Week, get connected with Council’s Facebook page www.facebook.com/hawkesburycitycouncil to see:
- mental health Information
- one on one REDiPlan session hosted by Peppercorn
- video message from Commander Jim Stewart on behalf of Hawkesbury Local Area Command
- prize competition – what are your top five things to take in an emergency?
- download a REDiPlan www.redcross.org.au/your-rediplan
- Rural Fire Service Thank you Civic Receptions – three to be held on Thursday, 3 September
- Get Prepared App getprepared.app.link/Hawkesbury_City_Council
- State Emergency Services and Rural Fire Service videos, links and helpful documents
- preparing your pets, farm animals and land.
Council encourages all community members to prepare and stay safe in a disaster or a time of crisis by downloading and completing an emergency plan on the Get Prepared app which is available at getprepared.app.link/Hawkesbury_City_Council and keep your emergency plan close to hand.
Get Prepared is a free and easy to use, one-stop tool to help you prepare for any type of emergency. You can:
- establish a quick and easy network of support with your three key contacts
- review the risks relevant to where you live
- create checklists of actions to make an emergency plan
- save the emergency plan as a PDF to be printed and shared with others.
Council is promoting the Get Prepared App, as part of the Red Cross Emergency Preparedness Week which will assist to prepare the Hawkesbury community for emergencies through the development of personal emergency plans.
Page ID: 160340