Hawkesbury Community Nursery open on Wednesdays and 1st Saturday of the month
Hawkesbury Community Nursery is now open to the public on Wednesdays from 9am to 1pm or by appointment and on the 1st Saturday of the month from 9am to midday (excluding December and January) under COVID-Safe guidelines.
Thanks to the hard work of the community nursery volunteers who grow the plants, over 150 native plant species are available for purchase at great prices.
Hawkesbury Community Nursery is a green thumb’s dream come true. The plants are all native to the Hawkesbury area, ranging from trees, shrubs and groundcovers to grasses, sedges (a grass-like plant with triangular stems), and climbers.
Nursery staff are also available to provide advice on the best plant for each particular situation, taking into consideration height, soil type, flowering, light, aspect and maintenance.
Hawkesbury Community Nursery is encouraging local residents to plant in their backyard and beautify their home. Recent research has found that around 55% of Australians felt that time in nature improved their mood or eased anxieties during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
To help residents achieve this closeness to nature, Hawkesbury Community Nursery has a promotion of buy 5 get 5 free* (5 for 5) native tube plants for residents of the Hawkesbury Local Government Area. This offer is available for the first 400 registrations until 31 August, but you can redeem your plant offer, once registered by 31 August, up until 30 June 2021. Tube stock cost $2.40 each, with one registration available per household. For more information and to register call 4560 4444.
Hawkesbury Community Nursery is located at 10 Mulgrave Road, Mulgrave, next door to the Hawkesbury Companion Animal Shelter. For information visit www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au/services/places-and-facilities/community-nursery
*Terms & Conditions for the 5 free native plants offer:
- Register with Hawkesbury City Council 4560 4444 from 9am-4pm Monday to Friday and provide your details of residency
- Plant offer expires Wednesday 30 June 2021
- Offer is available for the 1st 400 registrations; or from Monday 3 August to Monday 31 August 2020 (inclusive)
- 1 registration only per household
- Available only to residents of the Hawkesbury Local Government Area
- You will need to purchase 5 forestry tube plants @ $2.40 each to be entitled to the 5 free native tube plants
- Proof of residency is required when you attend the Hawkesbury Community Nursery and pick up your plants
- All COVID-19 requirements and processes will be followed.
Page ID: 158190