Hawkesbury Regional Museum – COVID-19 Operational Update
After being closed for 70 days, Hawkesbury Regional Museum staff are excited to be reopening the Museum’s doors on Wednesday, 10 June.
The opening hours will be 10am to 4pm from Wednesday through to Monday. The Museum is closed Tuesdays, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and Good Friday. For other public holidays, the Museum is open from 10am to 4pm.
Being a historic house, Howe House has small spaces which make it difficult to comply with the Federal and State Government physical distancing requirements. Howe House currently remains closed, and currently there will be no face to face Museum activities, events or guided tours until further notice.
Tourism information will still be available on the Hawkesbury region, with Visitor Information staff on hand to assist with visitor information.
Hawkesbury Regional Museum is implementing a range of measures to ensure the health and wellbeing of its visitors and staff and to facilitate physical distancing. The Museum experience will be different but safety is the main priority.
What health and safety measures will be operating at the Museum?
- physical distancing rules in place
- 1.5 metre floor markings to support social distancing
- maximum of 40 visitors
- hand sanitiser station at entry to the Museum
- queue locations will be in place
- high contact touch points will be cleaned throughout the day
- signage displayed at the facility with COVID-19 messages
- perspex screens at Museum reception
- vigilance in adhering to the most up-to-date State and Federal government guidelines
- no group bookings or public programs until further notice
- the Museum Shop will be open for cashless transactions only
- no unwell visitors please
- a record of visitor names and phone number or email address will be kept for a period of at least 28 days. All information will be kept securely and only for the purpose of COVID-19 tracing if required.
The past two months of imposed isolation have shone a spotlight on the importance of Museum exhibitions, activities and events for enhancing community and cultural life. The Hawkesbury Regional Museum has also been able to keep in touch with everyone online. Staff look forward to welcoming everyone back to enjoy the Museum exhibitions in a way that keeps everyone safe and strong.
Further easing of Government restrictions will see more Museum activities become available in future. Please subscribe to the Museum eNewsletter The Museum Facebook page is also available for further updates.
Connect with Hawkesbury Regional Museum:
Phone 4560 4655
Page ID: 152786