Hawkesbury Council and Landcare working to help bushfire affected residents
Hawkesbury City Council is working in collaboration with Hawkesbury Local Landcare Network to provide support to bushfire affected Hawkesbury residents who live adjacent to National, State or Regional Parks.
Landcare coordinators will:
- visit Bushfire affected properties to provide advice on post-fire land management and conservation
- discuss what to look out for and explain how to support research such as notifying of a species you don’t recognise, logging wildlife sightings etc.
- organise workshops that will cover:
- weed management
- erosion control
- soil management
- what to expect over the next six months in terms of recovery and new plants
- feral animal management such as fox management
- create and provide a support network to the community.
Council staff will be in contact with bushfire affected residents over coming weeks about program participation.
Council is working with Hawkesbury Landcare Network to provide support to bushfire affected properties to provide advice on post-fire land management and conservation. They will be visiting properties, running workshops on topics of interest and building networks for long-term wildlife recovery and bushland management.
If you are interested in participating, please contact Katherine Clare at Hawkesbury Landcare Network on 4574 9601 to register for a site inspection to assess your eligibility.
Page ID: 152867