Update to Council operations during COVID-19 response
Council is monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation which is evolving daily. Council will continue to follow the advice of the NSW and Federal Governments.
In order to try to protect our community, the following Council facilities are now closed:
- Council’s Administration Building
- Hawkesbury Central Library
- Richmond Branch Library
- Hawkesbury Regional Museum
- Hawkesbury Regional Gallery
- Richmond Swimming Centre
- Oasis Aquatic and Leisure Centre, South Windsor
- Hawkesbury Indoor Stadium
- Hawkesbury Community Nursery
- Upper Colo Reserve.
- Waste Management Facility
Operating as usual:
- All waste collections – domestic, recycling and green waste
- Kerbside collection
- Hawkesbury Companion Animal Shelter
- Council meetings
- Customer Service contact via telephone, email and Facebook (closed for in person contact)
- Visitor Information Centre contact via telephone, email and Facebook (closed for in person contact).
Library members are encouraged to use the wide range of online resources including eBooks, eMagazines, eAudio, children’s games and activities
New library memberships - join online and call the Library to complete your membership – you will be issued with an online only membership, which can be upgraded to a full membership upon showing ID when Hawkesbury Library Service reopens.
Council encourages everyone to use its online services on Council website and for any enquiries, including bushfire recovery enquiries, please call Council’s Customer Service on (02) 4560 4444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A comprehensive list of all facilities and services included as part of Council’s operational response to COVID-19 is available here.
Members of the public are advised to practice good hygiene guidelines, including correct handwashing and social distancing as promoted by the NSW and Federal Governments. To obtain accurate and official information about COVID-19, please go to the NSW Department of Health website and the Federal Government website.
Page ID: 145885