Update to Council operations during COVID-19 response as at 2 April 2020
Council is monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation which is evolving daily. Council will continue to follow the advice of the NSW and Federal Governments.
Council’s Coronavirus Community Update webpage
www.yourhawkesbury-yoursay.com.au/Covid19 provides local information for our community about Coronavirus (COVID-19).
In order to try to protect our community, the following Council facilities are closed until further notice:
- Hawkesbury City Waste Management Facility
- Hawkesbury Companion Animal Shelter – by appointment only; closed Good Friday, 10 April 2020 through to Easter Monday, 13 April 2020
- Hawkesbury Community Nursery
- Hawkesbury Sports Council
- Playgrounds and play equipment
- Skate parks
- BBQ facilities
- Outdoor gym equipment
- All tennis courts
- All community centres
- Council’s Administration Building
- Hawkesbury Central Library
- Richmond Branch Library
- Hawkesbury Regional Museum
- Hawkesbury Regional Gallery
- Richmond Swimming Centre
- Oasis Aquatic and Leisure Centre, South Windsor
- Hawkesbury Indoor Stadium
- Upper Colo Reserve.
Services and facilities operating as usual:
- All waste collections – domestic, recycling and green waste
- Kerbside collection
- Council meetings
- Customer Service contact via telephone, email and Facebook (closed for in person contact)
- Visitor Information Centre contact via telephone, email and Facebook (closed for in person contact)
- Council operated ferries
- Initial documentation for Development Applications may be dropped off for review at the front of Council’s Administration Building in the mailbox at 366 George Street, Windsor.
- Call your local community centre to determine services available. Use the link for the phone number of your service www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au/services/other-key-services/community-directory
Library members are encouraged to use the wide range of online resources including eBooks, eMagazines, eAudio, children’s games and activities at https://www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au/library/elibrary
New library memberships - join online and call the Library to complete your membership – you will be issued with an online only membership, which can be upgraded to a full membership upon showing ID when Hawkesbury Library Service reopens.
Council encourages everyone to use its online services at www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au and for any enquiries, including bushfire recovery enquiries, please call Council’s Customer Service on 4560 4444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A comprehensive list of all facilities and services included as part of Council’s operational response to COVID-19 is available here.
Council will keep all community members, organisations and staff updated of any changes to Council’s operations during the COVID-19 pandemic here and on Council’s official Facebook page www.facebook.com/hawkesburycitycouncil
Members of the public are advised to practice good hygiene guidelines, including correct handwashing and social distancing as promoted by the NSW and Federal Governments. To obtain accurate and official information about COVID-19, please go to the NSW Department of Health website at www.health.nsw.gov.au and the Federal Government website www.health.gov.au
Page ID: 146633