Red Cross grants for bushfire recovery
A wide range of Red Cross grants are available to owners of bushfire affected properties. This is great news as it will help many property owners who have been impacted in the Hawkesbury.
Council has been in contact with Red Cross about the range of benefits they are making available to the Hawkesbury community.
Immediate assistance is available for bushfire-affected people in financial hardship.
The cash grants available are:
- Emergency grant for people who have lost their homes.
- Injury grant for people who were hospitalised due to the fires.
- Primary residence repair grant for home owners whose homes have been structurally damaged. From 12 March 2020, eligibility has been extended to include destruction or damage to critical private water, septic and/or power infrastructure.
- Rebuild grant for owner-occupiers to assist with early stages of rebuilding.
- For all Red Cross grants please visit here.
For any property owners who need assistance in applying for these grants, please contact Step by Step Recovery Support. To access the Step by Step Recovery Support Service, please call 0417 298 832 or email or Facebook
We know that many people may be unable to get to Recovery Centres or to friends and family who provide support for people to complete online applications or upload documents due to COVID-19 restrictions. If COVID-19 restrictions are impacting your ability to provide the required information for a grant, please contact us at 1800 RED CROSS (1800 733 276) and we can help.
For any further enquiries please contact Council’s Customer Service on (02) 4560 4444 and ask for the Bushfire Recovery Officer.
Page ID: 148975