Waste Management Facility – Operational Update
The Hawkesbury City Waste Management Facility, located at The Driftway at South Windsor, will return to its daily opening hours of 8am-4pm from Wednesday, 27 May 2020 (excluding public holidays).
Physical distancing requirements still apply under COVID-19 restrictions, which may cause extended waiting times, however the facility staff will do everything possible to provide good service. Cooperation and understanding during this time will be appreciated.
To ensure the safety of Council staff and the community, strict guidelines will apply:
- please bring appropriate documentation for proof of residency
- physical distancing of 1.5 metres applies between yourself and others at the facility at all times
- maintain good hygiene for your own safety and the safety of others
- wash your hands thoroughly or use hand sanitiser before you arrive and when you leave
- you may be asked to wait, please be patient
- cashless payments are the preferred method of payment
- residents who are unwell, or who have been in contact with someone who may have contracted
COVID-19, should not attend the facility.
The facility is open to eligible persons with proof of residency; your current driver’s licence is acceptable for domestic materials from your home address, within the Hawkesbury Local Government Area.
In the case of commercial customers or persons bringing materials from other than their own address but within the Hawkesbury Local Government Area, the current Hawkesbury City Council rates notice for the property from which the materials came will be required to enter the facility.
Click here for further information about the Hawkesbury City Waste Management Facility.
Page ID: 151434