Introducing Bushfire Recovery on Wheels
For the very best bushfire recovery for the Hawkesbury community, Step By Step Bushfire Recovery Support Service has brought together Bushfire Recovery on Wheels to make it simpler and easier for people to access what they need. No door is the wrong door and residents won’t have to retell their story to lots of different people.
Bushfire Recovery on Wheels is a group of local outreach services who will come to you, supporting community members with practical, emotional and confidential support – no judgement, no labels. It has been nine months now since the bushfires. That might seem like a long time, but for many residents, the challenges are still overwhelming.
Bushfire Recovery on Wheels can access help for small property repairs, source essential household items, provide grocery vouchers, assist with applying for grants, provide financial problem solving and a professional listening ear to support the whole family’s emotional wellbeing.
Bushfire Recovery on Wheels Outreach Services – mobile services that can come to you
- Step By Step Bushfire Recovery Support Service – providing practical, emotional and holistic support for the whole family, call Anne on 0417 298 832 or email email@example.com
- Department of Primary Industries (DPI) Rural Recovery: providing rural land holders, primary producers & rural communities with practical and personal support to help you manage your recovery, link you with services, assist you in decision making and future planning. Contact Anthea on 0409 440 297 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Australian Red Cross Community Recovery supporting communities to increase their capacity in preparedness, response and recovery to emergencies, call Bronwyn 0409 796 682 or email email@example.com
- Rural Adversity Mental Health Program – linking people to local mental health services and resources, educating workplaces and communities and responding in times of natural disasters and severe adversity. Call Sonia 0448 125 676 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Headspace Bushfire Recovery Team – youth wellbeing and youth care coordination, Hawkesbury contact is Simone on 4720 8850 or email email@example.com
- Salvos National Bushfire Recovery Service – assisting with your practical needs, goods and grants, call Karen 0429 549 494 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- NSW HEALTH Bushfire & COVID 19 Trauma Recovery Team – supporting your emotional wellbeing. Hawkesbury contact is Vanessa on 0429 011 134 or email Vanessa.Brunker@health.nsw.gov.au
- Winmalee Neighbourhood Centre Bushfire Recovery – provides practical assistance and vouchers, call Morna on 4754 4050 or email email@example.com
- Rural Financial Counselling Service – a free and confidential service, providing support to help producers make the right decisions for their farm business. Contact Dev on 1800 940 404 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To chat with someone who understands the challenges of bushfire recovery and see what assistance may be available, call Step By Step on 0417 298 832 or email email@example.com
For more information please contact Anne Crestani, Manager Step By Step on 0499 831 775 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Step By Step is one of seven Recovery Support Services jointly funded by the NSW State Government and the Federal Government, supporting the Australian communities most severely impacted by the 19/20 bushfires.
For more information about Bushfire Recovery in the Hawkesbury, please visit
www.yourhawkesbury-yoursay.com.au/bushfire-recovery This bushfire recovery site includes information on grants, relevant links and contact details to make it easier for the community to access all the latest information.
Page ID: 161614